Topics similar to or like Automation
Automation describes a wide range of technologies which reduce human intervention in processes. Wikipedia
Autonomous vehicle , driverless car, or robo-car is a vehicle that is capable of sensing its environment and moving safely with little or no human input. Self-driving cars combine a variety of sensors to perceive their surroundings, such as radar, lidar, sonar, GPS, odometry and inertial measurement units. Wikipedia
Control system architecture comprising computers, networked data communications and graphical user interfaces (GUI) for high-level process supervisory management, while also comprising other peripheral devices like programmable logic controllers (PLC) and discrete proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controllers to interface with process plant or machinery. The use of SCADA has been considered also for management and operations of project-driven-process in construction. Wikipedia
Pharmacy automation involves the mechanical processes of handling and distributing medications. Any pharmacy task may be involved, including counting small objects (e.g., tablets, capsules); measuring and mixing powders and liquids for compounding; tracking and updating customer information in databases (e.g., personally identifiable information (PII), medical history, drug interaction risk detection); and inventory management. Wikipedia
Umbrella term for all applications where particles are singularly detected by a sensor technique and rejected by an amplified mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic process. Generally applied in the three industries mining, recycling and food processing and used in the particle size range between 0.5 and 300 mm. Since sensor-based sorting is a single particle separation technology, the throughput is proportional to the average particle size and weight fed onto the machine. Wikipedia
- On 25 May 2016, the BBC reported that Foxconn replaced 60,000 employees because it had automated "many of the manufacturing tasks associated with their operations".
- Logistics automation is the application of computer software or automated machinery to improve the efficiency of logistics operations.
- Now, because of increasing computerization of preparing a book for the printer, the typesetting part of the job has flowed upstream, where it is done either by separately contracting companies working for the publisher, by the publishers themselves, or even by the authors.
- Automation helps to bring mechanisation to more complicated tasks that require finer dexterity, decision making based on visual input, and a wider variety of intelligent movements.
- Automation has resulted in many stations broadcasting for many hours a day with no one on the station premises.
- Automation will be a key part of the new megaport, with over 1,000 battery-powered driverless vehicles and the world's largest fleet of almost 1,000 automated yard cranes to be developed for the port.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Automation