Aircraft occurrences similar to or like Avianca Flight 203
Colombian domestic passenger flight from El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá to Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport in Cali, Colombia. Wikipedia
Regularly scheduled flight from Miami International Airport in Miami, Florida to Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport in Cali, Colombia. On December 20, 1995, the Boeing 757-200 flying this route (registration ) crashed into a mountain in Buga, Colombia, killing 151 out of the 155 passengers and all eight crew members. Wikipedia
Regularly scheduled passenger flight from Tocumen International Airport in Panama City, Panama to Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport in Cali, Colombia. On 6 June 1992, the Boeing 737-204 Advanced operating the route rolled, entered a steep dive, disintegrated in mid-air, and crashed into the jungle of the Darién Gap 29 minutes after takeoff, killing all 47 people on board. Wikipedia
International airport serving Bogotá, Colombia and its surrounding areas. Located mostly in the Fontibón district of Bogotá, although it partially extends into the Engativá district and the municipality of Funza in the Western Savanna Province of the Cundinamarca Department. Wikipedia
Internal scheduled passenger flight in Colombia from La Vanguardia Airport, Villavicencio to El Dorado International Airport, Bogotá. Operated by a four-engined Vickers Viscount turboprop registered HK-2382 which collided with a mountain at 7,700 feet 130 km south east from Bogotá near Quetame in bad weather. Wikipedia
Sentences forAvianca Flight 203
- The two men were also accused of involvement in the November 27, 1989 bombing of Avianca Flight 203 outside Bogotá that killed all 107 people aboard.
- Also during 1989, the bombing of Avianca Flight 203 happened in Soacha, killing everyone on-board plus three Soacha residents.
- Since the crew of the Cessna reported an explosion, first suspicions arose about a terrorist attack, similar to the bombing of Avianca Flight 203 in 1989.
- It is considered to be the second worst terrorist act in the history of Colombia after the bombing of Avianca Flight 203.
- A failed assassination attempt on Gaviria resulted in the bombing of Avianca Flight 203, claiming the lives of 107.
- Additionally, numerous bombs detonated across the country, the most memorable bomb being the one that brought down Avianca Flight 203 during its flight over Soacha Cundinamarca resulting in 107 dead in 1989.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Avianca Flight 203