Officeholders similar to or like Ayanna Pressley
American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Massachusetts's 7th congressional district since 2019. Wikipedia
American politician and diplomat who serves as the U.S. representative for New Jersey's 7th congressional district, a rural and suburban district since 2019. A Democrat, he previously served as Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor in the Obama Administration. Wikipedia
American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for New York's 22nd congressional district since 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, his district extends from the east end of Lake Ontario through Central New York to the Pennsylvania border, including Utica, Rome and Binghamton. Wikipedia
American politician and veteran serving as the U.S. Representative for Maine's 2nd congressional district since 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, his district, the largest east of the Mississippi River, covers the northern four-fifths of the state, including Lewiston, Bangor and Auburn. Wikipedia
American politician who was the U.S. Representative for Massachusetts's 1st congressional district from 1991 to 2013. Raised on a farm in Pennsylvania, Olver graduated from college at the age of 18 and went on to earn a Ph.D. in chemistry from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and later taught chemistry at the University of Massachusetts Amherst for eight years. Wikipedia
American politician who served as a U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1999 to 2019. A Democrat, his district included the northern three-fourths of Boston, as well as parts of Cambridge, his hometown of Somerville, and other communities immediately north and south of Boston. Wikipedia
American law professor, attorney and politician serving as the U.S. Representative for California's 45th congressional district since 2019. First Democrat to be elected to represent the district, which covers much of south-central Orange County, including Irvine, Tustin and Lake Forest along with large slices of Anaheim and Laguna Niguel. Wikipedia
American politician and businessman who has been serving as the U.S. Representative for New Hampshire's 1st congressional district since 2019. He previously served on the New Hampshire Executive Council from 2013 to 2019, representing a total of nineteen municipalities of District 4. Wikipedia
American politician who is the U.S. Representative for Arizona's 7th congressional district. A Democrat, he previously served as a member of the Arizona House of Representatives, serving as assistant minority leader in the Arizona House of Representatives from 2012 until his resignation to run for Congress. Wikipedia
Sentences forAyanna Pressley
- The northern three-fourths of the city is in the 7th district, represented by Ayanna Pressley.
- Garrison later served as an at-large member of the Boston City Council from 2018 to 2019 due to a vacancy left by Ayanna Pressley's election to the United States House of Representatives.
- It is represented by Representative Ayanna Pressley.
- By the end of November, eighteen Democratic members of Congress were co-sponsoring a proposed House Select Committee on a Green New Deal, and incoming representatives Ayanna Pressley and Joe Neguse had announced their support.
- Capuano was defeated by Boston City Councilor Ayanna Pressley in the September 4, 2018 primary election.
- In 2018, he was defeated by Ayanna Pressley in a House Democratic primary.
- Nationally, Ayanna Pressley represents Hyde Park in the US House of Representatives.
- Garrison took the at-large seat of former councillor Ayanna Pressley on the Boston City Council, as Pressley left the City Council following her November 2018 election to Congress from Massachusetts's 7th congressional district.
- The seat is currently held by Ayanna Pressley.
- In the 7th District, Ayanna Pressley ran unopposed after defeating the incumbent in the primary election.
- In his bid for re-nomination by the Democratic Party, Capuano was defeated by Boston city councillor Ayanna Pressley.
- She finished in second place to incumbent Ayanna Pressley; the top four finishers are elected to the council.
- At a campaign rally on July 17 in North Carolina, Trump criticized four Democratic congresswomen (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Ilhan Omar, and Rashida Tlaib), stating: "They never have anything good to say. That's why I say, 'Hey if you don’t like it, let 'em leave' ... if they don't love it, tell them to leave it."
- Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan became the first Muslim women elected to the House of Representatives; Ayanna Pressley became the first female African-American Representative from Massachusetts; Sharice Davids of Kansas and Deb Haaland of New Mexico became the first Native American women elected to Congress, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York became the youngest-ever female member of the House at age 29.
- On March 19, 2019, Representative Steve King posted an Internet meme reading "Folks keep talking about another civil war. One side has about 8 trillion bullets, while the other side doesn’t know which bathroom to use,” and was met with intense criticism. In a response to [[Racial views of Donald Trump#Democratic congresswomen should "go back" to their countries|a series of comments by President Trump perceived by critics as racist]] about a group of female Democratic congresswomen of color (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib) known as "the Squad," Susan B. Glaser described the political atmosphere of the United States as a "political civil war" in an article for The New Yorker.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ayanna Pressley