Species similar to or like Bacteria
Bacteria (common noun bacteria, singular bacterium) are a type of biological cell. Wikipedia
Bacterial phyla constitute the major lineages of the domain Bacteria. Debated, a popular definition is that a bacterial phylum is a monophyletic lineage of bacteria whose 16S rRNA genes share a pairwise sequence identity of ~75% or less with those of the members of other bacterial phyla. Wikipedia
- Bacteria, the first organisms to be genetically modified, can have plasmid DNA inserted containing new genes that code for medicines or enzymes that process food and other substrates.
- Chimeric models claim that two prokaryotic cells existed initially – an archaeon and a bacterium.
- In addition to the domain Bacteria, microfossils of the domain Archaea have also been identified.
- Archaeal cells have unique properties separating them from the other two domains, Bacteria and Eukaryota.
- Bacteria were the first organisms to be genetically modified in the laboratory, due to the relative ease of modifying their chromosomes.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Bacteria