Settlements similar to or like Barcelona
City on the coast of northeastern Spain. Wikipedia
City and a municipality within the comarca of Barcelonès in Catalonia, north-eastern Spain. Situated on the Mediterranean coast, at the mouth of river Besòs, extending to both sides of the estuary although the original settlement with the parish church lies on the left bank of the river, in the northern part of town. Wikipedia
- Today, Spain is a major world sports powerhouse, especially since the 1992 Summer Olympics that were hosted in Barcelona, which stimulated a great deal of interest in sports in the country.
- Industrialisation, the development of railways and incipient capitalism developed in several areas of the country, particularly in Barcelona, as well as Labour movement and socialist and anarchist ideas.
- In 2010, the design of the renovated Tel Aviv Port (Nemal Tel Aviv) won the award for outstanding landscape architecture at the European Biennial for Landscape Architecture in Barcelona.
- Since 2006, the Mobile World Congress has taken place in Barcelona.
- The city is known for hosting the 1992 Summer Olympics as well as world-class conferences and expositions and also many international sport tournaments.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Barcelona