NFL biographies similar to or like Barry Sanders
American former professional football player who was a running back for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). Wikipedia
American former professional football player who was a running back for 15 seasons in the National Football League (NFL) during the 1990s and 2000s, primarily with the Dallas Cowboys (he also played for the Arizona Cardinals at the end of his career). League's all-time leading rusher. Wikipedia
Revealed in 2019 after being voted on by a panel consisting of media members, former players and league personnel. It honored the best players of the first 100 years of the National Football League (NFL). Wikipedia
American former professional football player who was a running back who played in the National Football League (NFL) for 13 seasons, primarily with the Buffalo Bills. Selected by the Bills in the second round of the 1988 NFL Draft, where he spent all but one season of his pro career. Wikipedia
American former professional football player who was a running back for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL) from 1995 to 2001. Denver Broncos all-time leading rusher and still holds the record for most postseason single season touchdowns , arguably the greatest running back in postseason history. Wikipedia
Former American professional football player who was a running back in the National Football League (NFL) for the Houston Oilers and New Orleans Saints. Known for his aggressive, punishing running style and ability to break tackles, Campbell gained recognition as one of the best power running backs in NFL history. Wikipedia
Former American football running back who played professionally in the National Football League (NFL) for the Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos. From Western Pennsylvania, Dorsett attended the nearby University of Pittsburgh, where he led the Panthers to the national title as a senior in 1976 and won the Heisman Trophy. Wikipedia
American athlete, sports commentator, and football coach who is the head football coach at Jackson State University. He played in the National Football League (NFL) for 14 seasons as a member of the Atlanta Falcons, San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins, and Baltimore Ravens. Wikipedia
American former professional football player who was a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL), spending the majority of his career with the Green Bay Packers. 20-year veteran of the NFL, having played quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons in 1991, the Packers from 1992 to 2007, the New York Jets in 2008, and the Minnesota Vikings from 2009 to 2010. Wikipedia
Sentences forBarry Sanders
- Games were also often blacked out at the Lions' previous home, the 80,000-seat Pontiac Silverdome, despite winning seasons and the success and popularity of star players such as Barry Sanders.
- The only top-10 all-time rusher who even approaches Brown's totals, Barry Sanders, posted a career average of 99.8 yards per game and 5.0 yards per carry.
- Selecting third, the Detroit Lions drafted Barry Sanders, who would retire as the NFL's second all-time leading scorer (since broken).
- 10 conference titles – 26 bowl games played – 1988 Heisman Trophy winner and single season rushing record (Barry Sanders).
- During his career, he was often compared to Detroit Lions Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders, as both men were extremely successful for their respective teams and combined for 8 rushing titles during the 1990s.
- With the retirement of Eric Dickerson in 1993, Allen became the active leader in career rushing yards, a position he maintained until being passed by Barry Sanders in Game 1 of 1997.
- Favre was named AP co-MVP of the league along with Detroit Lions' running back Barry Sanders, his third straight award.
- In 2007, Kevin Smith set an NCAA record with 450 rushing attempts and rushed for 2,567 yards, placing him 2nd on the NCAA's all-time single season rushing list behind only Oklahoma State's Barry Sanders.
- On November 13, 2011 against the New England Patriots Tomlinson passed Barry Sanders for 5th on the all time yards from scrimmage list.
- In what would prove to be Hall of Fame Detroit Lions running back Barry Sanders's final game, Lewis and the rest of the Ravens defense held him to just 41 rushing yards on 19 attempts.
- He is the only defensive player to ever receive this award 3 times in the same season, and joins Barry Sanders and Mike Vanderjagt as the only NFL players to receive a Player of the Month award 3 times in a single season.
- Many sports writers predicted that the NFC Championship Game would be much closer than the Redskins' win over the Lions in the season opening game because Detroit's future Hall of Fame running back, Barry Sanders, did not play in it due to injury.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Barry Sanders