Films similar to or like Batman & Robin (film)
1997 American superhero film based on the DC Comics characters Batman and Robin. Wikipedia
1995 American superhero film directed by Joel Schumacher and produced by Tim Burton, based on the DC Comics character Batman. A sequel to the 1992 film Batman Returns and the third installment of Warner Bros.'s initial Batman film series, it stars Val Kilmer replacing Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne and Batman, alongside Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carrey, Nicole Kidman, Chris O'Donnell, Michael Gough, and Pat Hingle. Wikipedia
1992 American superhero film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Denise Di Novi and Burton, based on the DC Comics character Batman. Second installment of Warner Bros. initial Batman film series, and stars Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne / Batman, alongside Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer, Christopher Walken, Michael Gough, Pat Hingle, and Michael Murphy. Wikipedia
2004 American superhero film loosely based on the DC Comics character of the same name. Directed by Pitof and written by John Rogers, John Brancato and Michael Ferris with music by Klaus Badelt, the film stars Halle Berry in the title role, Benjamin Bratt, Lambert Wilson, Frances Conroy, Alex Borstein and Sharon Stone. Wikipedia
2005 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan and written by Nolan and David S. Goyer. Based on the DC Comics character Batman, it stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Rutger Hauer, Ken Watanabe, and Morgan Freeman. Wikipedia
1978 superhero film directed by Richard Donner, based on the DC Comics character of the same name. Ensemble cast featuring Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Christopher Reeve, Jeff East, Margot Kidder, Glenn Ford, Phyllis Thaxter, Jackie Cooper, Trevor Howard, Marc McClure, Terence Stamp, Valerie Perrine, Ned Beatty, Jack O'Halloran, Maria Schell, and Sarah Douglas. Wikipedia
1998 direct-to-video superhero animated feature film, the second based on Batman: The Animated Series, serving as a stand-alone sequel to Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, and starring Kevin Conroy and Michael Ansara, reprising their respective roles from the series as the two title characters. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and animated overseas by Koko Enterprises and Dong Yang Animation in South Korea. Wikipedia
2017 3D computer-animated superhero action comedy film produced by the Warner Animation Group and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Directed by Chris McKay, and written by Seth Grahame-Smith, Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Jared Stern and John Whittington, and produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Wikipedia
2018 American animated steampunk superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, featuring an alternate version of the DC Comics character Batman. Thirtieth film in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies series. Wikipedia
1987 superhero film directed by Sidney J. Furie, based on the DC Comics character Superman. Fourth and final installment in the original Superman film series and the first film not to be produced by Alexander and Ilya Salkind, but rather by Golan-Globus' Cannon Films, in association with Warner Bros. Gene Hackman returned as Lex Luthor, who creates an evil solar-powered version of Superman called Nuclear Man. Wikipedia
2019 American direct-to-video animated superhero film based on the comic book story arc of the same name and is the 13th installment of the DC Animated Movie Universe and the 35th overall film in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line. It follows Batman facing a new threat named Hush who knows all of Batman's secrets. Wikipedia
Direct-to-video animated superhero film which is part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies and DC Animated Movie Universe. Partially based on the Batman: The Court of Owls story arc written by Scott Snyder and illustrated by Greg Capullo and Jonathan Glapion, and serves as a sequel to 2014's Son of Batman. Wikipedia
2019 animated superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment in association with Nickelodeon. Based on the six-issue inter-company crossover comic book miniseries, Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by James Tynion IV and Freddie Williams II. Wikipedia
2012 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man, and sharing the title of the character's longest-running comic book series. Fourth theatrical Spider-Man film produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Entertainment, a reboot of the series following Sam Raimi's 2002–2007 Spider-Man trilogy, and the first film in The Amazing Spider-Man duology. Wikipedia
1980 superhero film directed by Richard Lester and written by Mario Puzo and David and Leslie Newman, based on the DC Comics character Superman. Sequel to the 1978 film Superman and stars Gene Hackman, Christopher Reeve, Terence Stamp, Ned Beatty, Sarah Douglas, Margot Kidder, and Jack O'Halloran. Wikipedia
Sentences forBatman & Robin (film)
- Clooney was then cast as Batman in Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin, which was a modest box office performer, but a critical failure (with Clooney himself calling the film "a waste of money").
- Following the poor reception of Batman & Robin (1997), a series of unsuccessful attempts were made to resurrect Batman on the big screen which put the Batman film series on hold for nearly eight years.
- It was followed by the action thriller Eraser (1996), the Christmas comedy Jingle All The Way (1996), and the comic book-based Batman & Robin (1997), in which he played the villain Mr. Freeze.
- Since the success of Space Jam's "I Believe I Can Fly", Kelly gained further fame for penning songs for popular soundtracks including Batman & Robin ("Gotham City") and Life ("Fortunate").
- During Mr. Freeze's attempt to freeze Gotham in the film Batman & Robin, the targeting screen for his giant laser locates it somewhere on the New England shoreline, possibly as far north as Maine.
- In addition, the poor reception of the Batman & Robin film cast doubts on the prospects of any other comic book cinematic adaption.
- Later that year, the group contributed "The End Is the Beginning Is the End" to the soundtrack for the film Batman & Robin.
- United States Senator Patrick Leahy—a fan of Batman comics who was previously an extra in the 1997 film Batman & Robin and also was a guest voice actor on Batman: The Animated Series—appears as a guest at Bruce Wayne's party.
- Although he intended to stay faithful to the look of the characters in the comic, Snyder intended Nite Owl to look scarier, and made Ozymandias' armor into a parody of the rubber muscle suits from the 1997 superhero film Batman & Robin.
- Her next film role was that of supervillain Poison Ivy in Batman & Robin (1997).
- Among the live-action films proposed between the critical failure of Batman & Robin and the reboot of the Batman franchise was Batman Beyond.
- The Schumacher-directed Batman films Batman Forever (1995) and Batman & Robin (1997) received mixed-to-negative reactions from both critics and the public.
- The film's success spawned three sequels: Batman Returns (1992), Batman Forever (1995) and Batman & Robin (1997); the latter two of which were directed by Joel Schumacher instead of Burton, and replaced Keaton as Batman with Val Kilmer and George Clooney, respectively.
- The film was followed by Batman & Robin in 1997, with Schumacher returning as the director, Chris O'Donnell returning as Robin, and George Clooney replacing Kilmer as Batman.
- In the live-action movies Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, he was played by Chris O'Donnell.
- It strays away from the lighter fare of Joel Schumacher's 1997 Batman film, Batman & Robin, which contained camp one-liners throughout.
- Three sequels, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, were released on June 19, 1992; June 16, 1995; and June 20, 1997 respectively.
- After this success, Warner Bros. hired Schumacher to direct a sequel, Batman & Robin, which was released in 1997.
- As Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin (1997) was critically panned for being too jokey and tongue-in-cheek, The Crow brought in a new realm of violence absent in previous popular superhero films targeted at younger audiences and bridging a gap to the more modern action film.
- George Clooney replaced Kilmer as Batman in 1997's Batman & Robin.
- The single "Look into My Eyes" appeared on the soundtrack of the film Batman & Robin.
- He voiced a territorial governor in the Batman: The Animated Series episode "Showdown" (1995), appeared as himself in the film Batman & Robin (1997), and appeared twice in the Dark Knight Trilogy as a Wayne Enterprises board member.
- The website garnered national attention in 1997 with the release of Batman & Robin.
- Warner Bros. presented Strick with warming, or freezing Gotham City, a plot point they would later use in Batman & Robin.
- He had supporting roles in The Running Man, Thunderground, Demolition Man, Repossessed, Ricochet, The Master of Disguise (in which he steals the Liberty Bell), and Batman & Robin—the first and last of these also starring Schwarzenegger.
- When Joel Schumacher took over directing the Batman film series from Tim Burton, Barbara Ling handled the production design for both of Schumacher's films Batman Forever (1995) and 1997's Batman & Robin Ling's vision of Gotham City was a luminous and outlandish evocation of Modern expressionism and Constructivism.
- Dick Grayson has appeared as Robin (Batman’s sidekick) in several other media adaptations: the 1943 serial played by Douglas Croft, the 1949 serial played by Johnny Duncan, the 1966–1968 live action Batman television series and its motion picture portrayed by Burt Ward, played by Chris O'Donnell in the 1995 film Batman Forever and its 1997 sequel Batman & Robin.
- Batman initiated the original Batman film series and spawned three sequels: Batman Returns (1992), Batman Forever (1995) and Batman & Robin (1997); the latter two of which were directed by Joel Schumacher instead of Burton, and replaced Keaton as Batman with Val Kilmer and George Clooney, respectively.
- Established as a leading Hollywood actress, her other notable films include Henry & June (1990), The Truth About Cats & Dogs (1996), Batman & Robin (1997), Gattaca (1997), Les Misérables (1998), The Producers (2005), My Super Ex-Girlfriend (2006), and Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac (2013) and The House That Jack Built (2018).
- By its third weekend, Buena Vista Pictures Distribution president Dick Cook confessed that competing family films such as Men in Black and Batman and Robin played a role in the downward box office performance, but projected the film would receive a worldwide gross of $300 million.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Batman & Robin (film)