Topics similar to or like Batting average (baseball)
Number of hits divided by at bats. Wikipedia
Measure of a batter's success rate in achieving a hit during an at bat, and is calculated by dividing a player's hits by his at bats. Recognized as "the standard of hitting excellence", in light of how batting .300 in a season is already regarded as solid. Wikipedia
Event in which a batter or his clothing or equipment (other than his bat) is struck directly by a pitch from the pitcher; the batter is called a hit batsman (HB). Awarded first base, provided that he made an honest effort to avoid the pitch, although failure to do so is rarely called by an umpire. Wikipedia
Sentences forBatting average (baseball)
- Promoted to Baltimore after the minor league season, he appeared in 15 games, demonstrating fielding ability beyond his years though he only batted .227.
- The greatest contact hitter in Twins history, he won the 1977 AL Most Valuable Player Award, setting a Twins record with a .388 batting average.
- In arguably his best season in the Major Leagues, Damon batted .304 with 20 home runs and 94 RBIs and showed improved patience at the plate.
- Mantle was noted for his ability to hit for both average and power, especially tape measure home runs, a term that had its origin in a play-by-play caller reacting to one of Mantle's 1953 home runs.
- In four minor league seasons from 1953 to 1956, Maris hit .303 with 78 home runs.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Batting average (baseball)