Military conflicts similar to or like Battle of Marawi
Five-month-long armed conflict in Marawi, Lanao del Sur, Philippines, that started on May 23, 2017, between Philippine government security forces and militants affiliated with the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), including the Maute and Abu Sayyaf Salafi jihadist groups. Wikipedia
One of the state opponents of the militant group, Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant , more commonly referred to by the local media as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). ISIL maintains operations in the Philippines through local jihadist groups - Maute group, Abu Sayyaf group, Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters and Ansar Khalifa Philippines. Wikipedia
Armed conflict in Zamboanga City, Philippines between the forces of the Philippine government and a faction of the Moro National Liberation Front, generally known by other factions as the Rogue MNLF Elements (RME) under the Sulu State Revolutionary Command (SSRC) led by Ustadz Habier Malik and Khaid Ajibon, whose group continues to recognize Nur Misuari as MNLF Chairman. The crisis erupted on September 9, 2013 when this MNLF faction attempted to raise the flag of the self-proclaimed Bangsamoro Republik at Zamboanga City Hall, which had earlier declared its independence on August 12, 2013 in Talipao, Sulu. Wikipedia
Radical Islamist group composed of former Moro Islamic Liberation Front guerrillas and foreign fighters led by Omar Maute, the alleged founder of a Dawlah Islamiya, or Islamic state, based in Lanao del Sur, Mindanao, Philippines. The group, which a Philippine Army brigade commander characterized as terrorist, had been conducting a protection racket in the remote settlements of Butig, Lanao del Sur. Wikipedia
Sentences forBattle of Marawi
- The expected civil war never materialised in Europe, but did occur in other regions such as Libya, Syria, Iraq and the Philippines (Battle of Marawi).
- Reports also surfaced during and after the Battle of Marawi, stating that members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and Philippine National Police stole jewelries.
- On 23 May 2017, the group attacked the city of Marawi, resulting in the bloody Battle of Marawi that lasted 5 months.
- A petition was released in support for the usage of the torogan as inspiration for the rehabilation of Marawi after the Battle of Marawi.
- Marine Corps Times reported that in 2017, Marine Raiders assisted in the liberation of Marawi from ISIS militants.
- It has increased since the Marawi siege that started on May 23, 2017.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Battle of Marawi