Military conflicts similar to or like Battle of Penghu
Naval battle fought in 1683 between the Kingdom of Tungning based in Taiwan and the Manchu-led Qing dynasty of China. Wikipedia
The transition from Ming to Qing, Ming–Qing transition, or Manchu conquest of China from 1618 to 1683 saw the transition between two major dynasties in Chinese history. The decades-long conflict between the emergent Qing dynasty , the incumbent Ming dynasty (明朝), and several smaller factions in China (like the Shun dynasty 顺朝 and Xi dynasty 西朝). Wikipedia
Sentences forBattle of Penghu
- In 1683, the Qing dynasty conquered Taiwan in the Battle of Penghu and annexed it into the Fujian province, as Taiwan Prefecture.
- In 1683, Chinese admiral Shi Lang attacked Taiwan in the Battle of Penghu, ending the Tungning era and beginning Qing dynasty rule (until 1895).
- This conflict culminated in the Qing victory the Battle of Penghu in 1683 and the surrender of the Tungning shortly after the battle.
- Seizing the advantage presented by the infighting, on July 17, 1683, Qing naval commander Shi Lang defeated the Tungning fleet in the Battle of Penghu.
- Having lost the Battle of Penghu, Koxinga's grandson Zheng Keshuang surrendered and was rewarded by the Kangxi Emperor with the title "Duke of Haicheng" (海澄公).
- However, Tungning was defeated in 1683 at the Battle of Penghu by Han admiral Shi Lang, a former admiral under Koxinga.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Battle of Penghu