Military conflicts similar to or like Battle of Plassey
Decisive victory of the British East India Company over a much larger force of the Nawab of Bengal and his French allies on 23 June 1757, under the leadership of Robert Clive. Wikipedia
Subdivision of the Mughal Empire encompassing much of the Bengal region, which includes modern Bangladesh and the Indian state of West Bengal, between the 16th and 18th centuries. Established following the dissolution of the Bengal Sultanate, a major trading nation in the world, when the region was absorbed into one of the gunpowder empires. Wikipedia
Sentences forBattle of Plassey
- The entire region was later conquered by the British East India Company at the Battle of Plassey in 1757 and remained subject of British rule for almost two centuries.
- The British East India Company eventually emerged as the foremost military power in the region; and defeated the last independent Nawab of Bengal at the Battle of Plassey in 1757.
- The Battle of Plassey in 1757, in which the British defeated the Bengal">Nawab of Bengal and his French allies, left the British East India Company in control of Bengal and as the major military and political power in India.
- In 1759, after the Bengali War of 1756–1757, the Company assigned it to Lord Clive as a personal Jaghir (zamindari) and after his death it again came under the direct authority of the company.
- After the 1757 Battle of Plassey, Bengal was the first region of the Indian subcontinent conquered by the British East India Company.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Battle of Plassey