Military conflicts similar to or like Battle of the Bulge
Major German offensive campaign on the Western Front during World War II, and took place from 16 December 1944 to 25 January 1945. Wikipedia
Coordinated by the Western Allies during the final months of hostilities in the European theatre of World War II. In preparation for the Allied invasion of Germany east of the Rhine, a series of offensive operations were designed to seize and capture the east and west bank of the Rhine: Operation Veritable and Operation Grenade in February 1945, and Operation Lumberjack and Operation Undertone in March 1945. Wikipedia
Phase in the Western European campaign of World War II. This phase spans from the end of the Battle of Normandy, or Operation Overlord, (25 August 1944) incorporating the German winter counter-offensive through the Ardennes (commonly known as the Battle of the Bulge) and Operation Nordwind (in Alsace and Lorraine) up to the Allies preparing to cross the Rhine in the early months of 1945. Wikipedia
The military history of the United States in World War II covers the war against the Axis Powers, starting with the 7 December 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. Signed into law on 11 March 1941, as well as deploying the US military to replace the British forces stationed in Iceland. Wikipedia
Sentences forBattle of the Bulge
- On 16 December the Germans launched the Ardennes Offensive, also known as the Battle of the Bulge, their last major offensive of the war on the Western Front.
- In January 1945, during the closing stages of the Battle of the Bulge, the Luftwaffe made a last-ditch effort to win air superiority, and met with failure.
- For example, during the Ardennes Offensive, RAF Regiment Light Anti-Aircraft squadrons shot down 43 German aircraft and damaged 28 others during attacks on eleven RAF forward airfields on New Year's Day 1945.
- The National Museum of Military History (MNHM) in Diekirch is especially known for its representations of the Battle of the Bulge.
- The Meuse and its crossings were a key objective of the last major German WWII counter-offensive on the Western Front, the Battle of the Bulge (Battle of the Ardennes) in the winter of 1944/45.
- Kissinger saw combat with the division, and volunteered for hazardous intelligence duties during the Battle of the Bulge.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Battle of the Bulge