Military conflicts similar to or like Battle of the Java Sea
Decisive naval battle of the Pacific campaign of World War II. Wikipedia
Naval battle which occurred during World War II in the Sunda Strait between the islands of Java, and Sumatra. On the night of 28 February – 1 March 1942, the Australian light cruiser and the American heavy cruiser faced a major Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) task force. Wikipedia
Naval battle of the Pacific theater of World War II. On its way to intercept a Japanese invasion convoy reported as bound for Surabaya, (its destination was actually Makassar) when it was attacked by 36 Mitsubishi G4M1 "Betty" and 24 Mitsubishi G3M2 "Nell" medium bombers, which forced the fleet to retreat. Wikipedia
Naval battle of the Pacific campaign of World War II, fought on the night of 19/20 February 1942 in Badung Strait between the American-British-Dutch-Australian Command (ABDA) and the Imperial Japanese Navy. Allied force that outnumbered and outgunned them, sinking the Dutch destroyer and escorting two transports to safety. Wikipedia
Sentences forBattle of the Java Sea
- He was senior Japanese commander in the Battle of the Java Sea, sinking two cruisers and three destroyers for only the damage of a single Japanese destroyer.
- On 27 February, the Allied navy's last effort to contain Japan was swept aside by their defeat in the Battle of the Java Sea.
- The ABDA fleet finally encountered the Japanese surface fleet at the Battle of the Java Sea, at which Doorman gave the order to engage.
- Following the destruction of the ABDA strike force under Rear-Admiral Karel Doorman, at the Battle of the Java Sea, in February–March 1942, ABDA effectively ceased to exist.
- Karel Doorman is often honoured because he signaled "Ik val aan, volg mij" ("I am attacking, follow me") during the Battle of the Java Sea, which some have considered gallant.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Battle of the Java Sea