NCAA football schools similar to or like Baylor Bears football
The Baylor Bears football team represents Baylor University in Division I FBS college football. Wikipedia
The 2020 Baylor Bears football team represented Baylor University in the 2020 NCAA Division I FBS football season. They played their home games at McLane Stadium in Waco, Texas, as a member of the Big 12 Conference and were led by first-year head coach Dave Aranda in the Bears' 122nd overall season. Wikipedia
Intercollegiate football team of Texas Christian University . The Horned Frogs compete in Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), the highest level of intercollegiate athletics sanctioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) in the United States. Wikipedia
Sentences forBaylor Bears football
- Baylor and Texas have created a rivalry in the last 15 years after Baylor established themselves as a major contender in the Big 12 Conference,
- The football team has won or tied for nine conference titles, and have played in 24 bowl games, garnering a record of 13–11.
- In his final season, he led the Cowboys to an 8–4 record and a 24–14 victory over 20th-ranked Baylor in the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl.
- Morriss accepted an offer to become the head football coach at Baylor after the 2002 season.
- After starting the 1978 season 4–0, Bellard resigned mid-season after two consecutive losses: 33–0 to Houston and 24–6 to Baylor.
- The Texas Tech Red Raiders have played more games against the Baylor Bears than any other opponent.
- The Aggies first played the Baylor Bears in 1899, and competed with them annually since 1945.
- The Razorbacks lost to No. 2 Ole Miss and No. 20 Baylor, but defeated No. 11 Texas in Austin, bringing the championship to Fayetteville.
- Two days later, Art Briles interviewed for the vacant Baylor Bears head coaching position and was hired the next day.
- The TCU-Baylor rivalry, usually simply referred to as "The Revivalry", is one of the most-played rivalry games in college football.
- After two seasons with 10 wins, on December 6, it was announced that Rhule was named the new coach of the Baylor Bears.
- That year's only losses came at home 7–6 to the Baylor Bears and to Texas by a score of 6–0.
- On January 7, 2020, the Panthers hired Baylor head coach Matt Rhule as head coach.
- A three win season in 1961 that included wins at Miami and over Navy and USC, along with three close losses by 6 points or less to Baylor, Washington, and Notre Dame, was followed by a 5–5 record in 1962 and then perhaps the best team of the Micheloson era in 1963.
- In 1991 Indiana played in the Copper Bowl and dominated a highly regarded Baylor team 24–0.
- The Tar Heels then lost in the Russell Athletic Bowl to Baylor 49–38.
- Kansas State also earned the school's first No. 1 ranking in the BCS standings after starting the season 10–0, before falling to Baylor in its 11th game of the season.
- The conference also included teams from Texas (Baylor, Rice, Texas, Texas A&M) and Oklahoma (Oklahoma, Oklahoma A&M).
- Baylor offensive coordinator Philip Montgomery accepted an offer from Tulsa to become their head coach on December 11, 2014.
- Feldman was reported to have accepted the Baylor head coaching position in December 1971, but Feldman changed his mind shortly thereafter, opting to remain with the Lobos.
- In 2009, the Big 12 Conference game between the Baylor Bears and Texas Tech Red Raiders was held at Cowboys Stadium, the first time in the series the match-up was held on a neutral site.
- They went on to win the Texas Bowl in a blowout against Baylor.
- Yung's squad then lost to Baylor by a score of 20–6.
- He also served as offensive coordinator at Baylor from 1974 to 1976 under Grant Teaff.
- In October 2009 the Cyclones defeated Baylor to end an 11-game losing stretch against conference opponents, and then went on to defeat Nebraska in Lincoln for the first time since 1977.
- Adkins performed "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the West Virginia Mountaineers' home football game against the Baylor Bears on September 29, 2012; his was just the third live performance of the national anthem in the 32-year history of Mountaineer Field.
- After losing to Baylor by a score of 27–7, the Miners either won or tied their next three; defeating New Mexico State by a score of 22–21, defeating I-AA opponent Northwestern State by a score of 14-0 and tied Wyoming at 28 apiece.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Baylor Bears football