Species similar to or like Beetle
Beetles are a group of insects that form the order Coleoptera, in the superorder Endopterygota. Wikipedia
- The first scarab beetles were not coprophagous but presumably fed on rotting wood with the help of fungus; they are an early example of a mutualistic relationship.
- As the larvae mature, they become c-shaped grubs which consume progressively coarser roots and may do economic damage to pasture and turf at this time.
- A notable number of species have developed special glands that produce chemicals for deterring predators (see Defense and predation).
- The diet of adult rollers is dominated by Coleoptera, whereas nestlings mostly eat Orthoptera, such as grasshoppers and bush crickets.
- In other orders, koinobionts include flies, a majority of coleopteran, and many hymenopteran parasitoids.
- They are believed to be most closely related to beetles, from which they diverged 300–350 million years ago, but do not appear in the fossil record until the Mid-Cretaceous around 100 million years ago.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Beetle