Settlements similar to or like Beirut
Capital and largest city of Lebanon. Wikipedia
One of the oldest continually inhabited cities in the world, though in medieval times for some centuries by just a tiny population. One of the earliest Phoenician metropoleis and the legendary birthplace of Europa, her brothers Cadmus and Phoenix, as well as Carthage's founder Dido . Wikipedia
- The subsequent period of relative peace enabled the central government to restore control in Beirut, begin collecting taxes, and regain access to key port and government facilities.
- Goldenson also invested in broadcasting properties in Beirut in the mid-1960s.
- Lebanon's history since independence has been marked by alternating periods of political stability and turmoil interspersed with prosperity built on Beirut's position as a regional center for finance and trade.
- In the eastern empire, Berytus (present-day Beirut) was unusual in offering a Latin education, and became famous for its school of Roman law.
- In December 2015, the Lebanese government signed an agreement with Chinook Industrial Mining, part owned by Chinook Sciences, to export over 100,000 tons of untreated waste from Beirut and the surrounding area.
- On April 18, 1983, a 2,000 lb car bomb exploded in the lobby of the American embassy in Beirut, killing 63 people including 17 Americans, and 7 CIA officers, including Robert Ames, one of the CIA's best Middle East experts.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Beirut