Musical artists similar to or like Benny Goodman
American jazz clarinetist and bandleader known as the "King of Swing". Wikipedia
American pianist, bandleader, arranger and composer, important in the development of big band jazz and swing music. One of the most prolific black musical arrangers and, along with Duke Ellington, is considered one of the most influential arrangers and bandleaders in jazz history. Wikipedia
Sentences forBenny Goodman
- Sinatra performed for four weeks at the theatre, his act following the Benny Goodman orchestra, after which his contract was renewed for another four weeks by Bob Weitman due to his popularity.
- Competition was intensifying, though, as swing bands like Benny Goodman's began to receive popular attention.
- He recorded his own "It's Just Like Taking Candy from a Baby" with Benny Goodman in 1940 and nurtured a lifelong ambition to be a successful popular song composer.
- Not only did Mancini produce arrangements for the Stanley Theatre bands, but he also wrote one for Benny Goodman, an up-and-coming bandleader introduced to him by Adkins.
- Others from Chicago such as Benny Goodman and Gene Krupa became leading members of swing during the 1930s.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Benny Goodman