Athletic conferences similar to or like Big East Conference (1979–2013)
Collegiate athletics conference that consisted of as many as 16 universities in the eastern half of the United States from 1979 to 2013. Wikipedia
American collegiate athletic conference, featuring 11 member universities and six associate member universities that compete in the National Collegiate Athletic Association's (NCAA) Division I, with its football teams competing in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS). Member universities represent a range of private and public universities of various enrollment sizes located primarily in urban metropolitan areas in the Northeastern, Midwestern, and Southern regions of the United States. Wikipedia
Collegiate athletic conference located in the eastern United States. Headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, the conference consists of fifteen member universities, each of whom compete in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)'s Division I, with its football teams competing in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), the highest levels for athletic competition in US-based collegiate sports. Wikipedia
Collegiate athletic conference that operates in the Western United States, participating in 24 sports at the NCAA Division I level. Its football teams compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS; formerly Division I-A), the highest level of college football in the nation. Wikipedia
Sentences forBig East Conference (1979–2013)
- One day later, Rutgers University of the Big East also accepted an offer for membership from the Big Ten as its 14th member school.
- The Fighting Irish previously competed in the Horizon League for two periods in the 1980s and 1990s, then in the Big East Conference through 2012–13.
- The Bulls joined the Big East in 2005, and the football team rose to as high as #2 in the BCS rankings in 2007.
- A further boost came when Boise State decided to join the Big East in football, and return to the WAC in most other sports, as of the 2013–14 academic year.
- Meanwhile, Temple ended its affiliation with the MAC in football and joined the Big East for football in July 2012.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Big East Conference (1979–2013)