Musical artists similar to or like Billy Preston
American musician whose work encompassed R&B, rock, soul, funk, and gospel. Wikipedia
American musician, songwriter, and record producer who is most famous for his role as frontman for Sly and the Family Stone, playing a critical role in the development of funk with his pioneering fusion of soul, rock, psychedelia, and gospel in the 1960s and 1970s. Early age and performed gospel music as a child with siblings Freddie and Rose. Wikipedia
American R&B, soul, gospel and funk singer, songwriter and percussionist, best known as an early member and one of the two lead singers (along with group founder Maurice White) of the band Earth, Wind & Fire. Noted for his four-octave vocal range and distinctive falsetto register, Bailey has won seven Grammy Awards. Wikipedia
American funk and R&B band consisting of American musicians and brothers George and Louis E. Johnson ("Thunder Thumbs"). They achieved their greatest success from the mid-1970s to early 1980s, with three singles topping the R&B charts ("I'll Be Good to You", "Strawberry Letter 23", and "Stomp!"). Wikipedia
American singer-songwriter, musician, record producer and composer. A two-time Grammy Award–winner known for his distinctive bass-baritone voice and romantic image, his greatest success came in the 1970s as a solo singer and with The Love Unlimited Orchestra, crafting many enduring soul, funk, and disco songs such as his two biggest hits: "You're the First, the Last, My Everything" and "Can't Get Enough of Your Love, Babe". Wikipedia
English musician, singer, songwriter and actor who achieved international fame during the 1960s as the drummer for the Beatles. He occasionally sang lead vocals with the group, usually for one song on each album, including "Yellow Submarine", "With a Little Help from My Friends" and their cover of "Act Naturally". Wikipedia
American record producer, musician, and songwriter known for his innovative recording practices and entrepreneurship in the 1960s, followed decades later by his trial and conviction for murder in the 2000s. Spector developed the Wall of Sound, a music production formula he described as a Wagnerian approach to rock and roll. Wikipedia
Sentences forBilly Preston
- To alleviate tensions within the band and improve the quality of their live sound, Harrison invited keyboardist Billy Preston to participate in the last nine days of sessions.
- The album, released in August 1974, was number 11 on the US charts and one single, a cover of Billy Preston's "You Are So Beautiful," which reached the number 5 slot.
- From 1974 to September 6, 1986, Bandstand featured another instrumental at its mid-show break: Billy Preston's synth hit "Space Race."
- The band carried out further work at Trident during 1968, and Apple artists such as Lomax, Mary Hopkin, Billy Preston and the Iveys all recorded there over the next year.
- In 1975, he played harmonica on two tracks on Billy Preston's album It's My Pleasure.
- The first attempt occurred almost immediately after the Get Back/Let It Be sessions, in February 1969, with Billy Preston.
- They also enlisted the services of keyboard maestro Billy Preston for two of the songs.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Billy Preston