Horseracing personalities similar to or like Bob Baffert
American racehorse trainer who trained the 2015 Triple Crown winner American Pharoah and 2018 Triple Crown winner Justify. Wikipedia
American jockey who has been one of the leading riders in U.S. Thoroughbred racing since the early 1990s, was inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in 2003, and has won the most Breeders' Cup races of any jockey with 26 Breeders' Cup wins. Also the second leading jockey of all time in earnings with over $312 million. Wikipedia
Title awarded to a three-year-old Thoroughbred horse who wins the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes. The three races were inaugurated in different years, the last being the Kentucky Derby in 1875. Wikipedia
Listing of the horses that finished in either first, second, third or fourth place and earned a purse check along with the number of starters in the Preakness Stakes, the second leg of the United States Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing run at 1-3/16 mile on dirt for three-year-olds at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland. A † designates a Triple Crown Winner. Wikipedia
The following list shows the line of descent for major winners from the Northern Dancer sire line, tracking patrilineal descent from the stallion dubbed by the New York Times in 1990 as "the dominant progenitor of his breed". It focuses on winners of the principal three-year-old Classic races, as these have long been used to evaluate a stallion's success, and the highest quality races for older horses based on International Federation of Horseracing Authorities rankings. Wikipedia
American Thoroughbred race horse who won the Triple Crown in 1977 — the tenth of thirteen horses to accomplish the feat. One of two horses to have won the Triple Crown while having been undefeated in any previous race; the second was Justify, who won the Triple Crown in 2018 and who is descended from Seattle Slew. Wikipedia
Retired American Thoroughbred racehorse who is the 13th and most recent winner of the American Triple Crown, accomplishing the feat by winning the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes in 2018. He first attracted attention with a win in his first start on February 18, 2018, followed by two more victories, including the Grade I Santa Anita Derby, to qualify for the 2018 Kentucky Derby. Wikipedia
Co-owner of the 2010 Preakness Stakes winner Lookin at Lucky and owner of the 1998 Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner Real Quiet. He grew up in Princeton, Indiana going to the races at Ellis Park Racecourse and Churchill Downs and dreamed of someday owning a Kentucky Derby winner. Wikipedia
Sentences forBob Baffert
- In the fall of 2014, Espinoza also became the regular rider of American Pharoah, trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Ahmed Zayat.
- "I couldn't find my horse, so I was watching Funny Cide," said Bob Baffert, trainer of Senor Swinger, who finished fifth.
- Bob Baffert became the second trainer to accomplish this feat, training American Pharoah and Justify.
- Once he was ready to begin race conditioning, he went into training with Hall of Fame inductee Bob Baffert in the spring of 2014.
- They are now being trained by Bill Mott, Brad Cox, Bob Baffert and also by former assistant to Robert Frankel, Chad Brown
- He was called "The Big Red Train" or "T-Rex" by his trainer Bob Baffert, the latter in recognition of his occasional bad behaviour.
- They became dedicated owners, spending millions at yearling sales and hiring first class trainers such as Bob Baffert and D. Wayne Lukas.
- No trainer has more Del Mar Futurity wins than Bob Baffert's 14, seven in consecutive years.
- This record was not matched until 2020, following horse trainer Bob Baffert's sixth Kentucky Derby win.
- "I think racing usually has a little lull this time of year – we have to wait for spring for something to happen", said trainer Bob Baffert in January 2017.
- Prior to the May 3 race, rival trainer Bob Baffert compared California Chrome favorably to War Emblem.
- In January 2018, he was sent to Santa Anita to be trained by Bob Baffert.
- The win set a record for a trainer which still stands, and is tied with Bob Baffert's seven wins.
- Her main rival in the betting was the Bob Baffert-trained Pretty N Cool who had won the Grade II Sorrento Stakes on her previous start.
- As a two-year-old Silver Charm was purchased by trainer Bob Baffert for $85,000, and then resold to Beverly and Robert Lewis, who kept him in training with Baffert.
- Charlatan's trainer, Bob Baffert, intends to appeal the stewards' ruling.
- and are now with Bill Mott, Bob Baffert, Brad Cox and Chad Brown.
- Zayat owed about $2.4 million to the Keeneland Association, and $1.2 million to other creditors including clinics, horse transport companies, boarding farms, and trainers—among them Bob Baffert.
- He was later sold privately and sent into training with Bob Baffert.
- Harty worked for notable stables such as that of Allen E. Paulson and eventually became an assistant to trainers John Russell and then Bob Baffert.
- It was the first Kentucky Derby win for new owner Salman and the third for new trainer Bob Baffert.
- Trained by Bob Baffert, racing as a two-year-old in 1997, Real Quiet started slowly, competing in seven races before getting his first win in a maiden special weight at Hollywood Park at eight and a half furlongs by 3 lengths.
- Arrogate was sent into training with Bob Baffert in California.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Bob Baffert