Golfers similar to or like Bobby Jones (golfer)
American amateur golfer who was one of the most influential figures in the history of the sport; he was also a lawyer by profession. Wikipedia
Oldest golf tournament in the world, and one of the most prestigious. Originally held annually at Prestwick Golf Club, Scotland, before evolving to being rotated between a select group of coastal links golf courses in the United Kingdom, under the authority of The R&A. Wikipedia
Sentences forBobby Jones (golfer)
- Bobby Jones (Law 1929), the only golfer to win a Grand Slam, founder of the Masters Golf Tournament, and regarded as one of the greatest golfers of all time;
- In golf, Tech alumni include the legendary Bobby Jones, who founded The Masters, and David Duval, who was ranked the No. 1 golfer in the world in 1999.
- The idea for Augusta National originated with Bobby Jones, who wanted to build a golf course after his retirement from the game.
- It was at this time that Bobby Jones stated Nicklaus played a game with which he was unfamiliar; Jones called Nicklaus's result "the greatest performance in all of golfing history".
- Between 1971 and 1980, he won nine more major championships, overtook Bobby Jones's record of 13 majors, and became the first player to complete double and triple career grand slams.
- The period between 1923 and 1933 saw an American-based player win every year (two were British-born), and included three wins by amateur Bobby Jones, and one by Gene Sarazen, who had already won top tournaments in the United States.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Bobby Jones (golfer)