Films similar to or like Bohemian Rhapsody (film)
2018 biographical drama film directed by Bryan Singer from a screenplay by Anthony McCarten, and produced by Graham King and Queen manager Jim Beach. Wikipedia
2017 war drama film directed by Joe Wright and written by Anthony McCarten. Account of his early days as prime minister during the Second World War and the May 1940 War Cabinet Crisis, while Nazi Germany's Wehrmacht swept across Western Europe and threatened to defeat the United Kingdom. Wikipedia
1980 American biographical sports drama film directed by Martin Scorsese, produced by Robert Chartoff and Irwin Winkler and adapted by Paul Schrader and Mardik Martin from Jake LaMotta's 1970 memoir Raging Bull: My Story. Italian-American middleweight boxer whose self-destructive and obsessive rage, sexual jealousy, and animalistic appetite destroyed his relationship with his wife and family. Wikipedia
1984 American period biographical drama film directed by Miloš Forman and adapted by Peter Shaffer from his 1979 stage play Amadeus. Set in Vienna, Austria during the latter half of the 18th century, and is a fictionalized story of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart from the time he left Salzburg, described by its writer as "fantasia on the theme of Mozart and Salieri". Wikipedia
2007 American epic period drama film written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, loosely based on the 1927 novel Oil! by Upton Sinclair. It stars Daniel Day-Lewis as Daniel Plainview, a silver miner-turned-oilman on a ruthless quest for wealth during Southern California's oil boom of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Wikipedia
2013 American biographical drama-thriller film directed by Paul Greengrass and starring Tom Hanks and Barkhad Abdi. Inspired by the true story of the 2009 Maersk Alabama hijacking, an incident during which merchant mariner Captain Richard Phillips was taken hostage by Somali pirates in the Guardafui Channel led by Abduwali Muse. Wikipedia
2011 American adventure drama film directed and produced by Martin Scorsese, and adapted for the screen by John Logan. Based on Brian Selznick's 2007 book The Invention of Hugo Cabret, it tells the story of a boy who lives alone in the Gare Montparnasse railway station in Paris in the 1930s, only to become embroiled in a mystery surrounding his late father's automaton and the pioneering filmmaker Georges Méliès. Wikipedia
2019 biographical musical film based on the life of British musician Elton John. Directed by Dexter Fletcher and written by Lee Hall, it stars Taron Egerton as Elton John, with Jamie Bell as Bernie Taupin, Richard Madden as John Reid, and Bryce Dallas Howard as Sheila Eileen, John's mother. Wikipedia
1967 American mystery drama film directed by Norman Jewison. Based on John Ball's 1965 novel of the same name and tells the story of Virgil Tibbs, a black police detective from Philadelphia, who becomes involved in a murder investigation in a small town in Mississippi. Wikipedia
2015 American epic Revisionist Western film directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu. Based in part on Michael Punke's 2002 novel of the same name, which describes frontiersman Hugh Glass's experiences in 1823; that novel is, in turn, based on the 1915 poem The Song of Hugh Glass. Wikipedia
2012 epic period musical film directed by Tom Hooper and scripted by William Nicholson, Alain Boublil, who wrote the original French lyrics, Claude-Michel Schönberg, who wrote the music, and Herbert Kretzmer, who wrote the English lyrics. Based on the popular 1985 West End English translation of the 1980 French musical by Boublil and Schönberg, which itself is adapted from the 1862 French novel of the same name by Victor Hugo. Wikipedia
2016 biographical war film directed by Mel Gibson and written by Andrew Knight and Robert Schenkkan, based on the 2004 documentary The Conscientious Objector. American pacifist combat medic who, as a Seventh-day Adventist Christian, refused to carry or use a weapon or firearm of any kind. Wikipedia
2018 American biographical black comedy crime film directed by Spike Lee and written by Charlie Wachtel, David Rabinowitz, Kevin Willmott and Lee, based on the 2014 memoir Black Klansman by Ron Stallworth. The film stars John David Washington as Stallworth, along with Adam Driver, Laura Harrier, and Topher Grace. Wikipedia
2018 American biographical comedy-drama film written and directed by Adam McKay. The film stars Christian Bale as former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney, with Amy Adams, Steve Carell, Sam Rockwell, Justin Kirk, Tyler Perry, Alison Pill, Lily Rabe, and Jesse Plemons in supporting roles. Wikipedia
2018 American biographical comedy-drama buddy film directed by Peter Farrelly. Inspired by the true story of a tour of the Deep South by African American classical and jazz pianist Don Shirley and Italian American bouncer Frank "Tony Lip" Vallelonga who served as Shirley's driver and bodyguard. Wikipedia
Sentences forBohemian Rhapsody (film)
- The single was part of a series of covers of Queen's songs, released in celebration of Queen's biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.
- After the release of the Queen biopic named after the song, it re-entered the charts for a third time at No. 33, marking 26 years since it last charted.
- In 2018, the release of Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody brought the song renewed popularity and chart success worldwide.
- In 2018, after an eight-year hiatus from feature films, Myers appeared in supporting roles in Terminal (2018) and Bohemian Rhapsody (2018).
- The 2018 biographical film Bohemian Rhapsody was, at its release, the highest-grossing musical biographical film of all time.
- Queen's performance at Live Aid was recreated in the band's 2018 biographical film Bohemian Rhapsody.
- In September 2010, representatives for Baron Cohen confirmed that he was set to play Freddie Mercury in the Bohemian Rhapsody biopic about the rock singer.
- His career with Queen was dramatised in the 2018 biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.
- The 2018 biopic of Mercury, Bohemian Rhapsody, received criticism for its portrayal of Mercury's sexuality, which was described as "sterilized" and "confused", and was even accused of being "dangerous".
- Singer also directed the Queen biographical film Bohemian Rhapsody (2018), although he was fired from the film shortly before its completion.
- He semi-retired from acting in 2012, though he had supporting roles in Terminal and Bohemian Rhapsody (both 2018).
- In the 2018 biographical film Bohemian Rhapsody, he was portrayed by Gwilym Lee.
- Dickie Beau portrayed Everett in the 2018 film Bohemian Rhapsody, a biographical drama about the life of Freddie Mercury.
- The 2018 Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody featured a dramatisation of the studio, during the making of Seven Seas of Rhye.
- May also confirmed that Deacon approved of the making of the band's biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, where he was played by Joseph Mazzello.
- The song was released to coincide with the release of the film Bohemian Rhapsody.
- In November 2016, it was announced that Singer would direct the Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody.
- He was portrayed by Ben Hardy in the 2018 film Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Bohemian Rhapsody and Roma won two awards each.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Bohemian Rhapsody (film)