Musical artists similar to or like Boxcar Willie
Boxcar Willie, was an American country music singer-songwriter and enlisted United States Air Force Flight Engineer, who sang in the "old-time hobo" music style, complete with dirty face, overalls, and a floppy hat. Wikipedia
American country music singer and songwriter. Although he started out singing straight-up country and western material in the 1970s, he moved towards a more pop-friendly sound in the 1980s, bringing him further success on not just the country charts, but the pop charts as well. Wikipedia
American singer-songwriter best known for writing and performing Western music, country music and popular music. A multiple Grammy nominee, Murphey has six gold albums, including Cowboy Songs, the first album of cowboy music to achieve gold status since Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs by Marty Robbins in 1959. Wikipedia
American country music and gospel music singer, best known for a number of major country hits in the late 1970s and the early 1980s, including her cover version of the song "One Day at a Time". Lane's career began to take shape in the mid-1970s, after beginning to record for her husband's record label. Wikipedia
American country music singer-songwriter and guitar player often associated with the Bakersfield country music scene and an early participant of the country rock and outlaw country movements. Artist, Vernon was also a longtime friend of Merle Haggard and a member of the Strangers. Wikipedia
Sentences forBoxcar Willie
- In 1987, Boxcar Willie became the first internationally known entertainer to purchase a theater in Branson and have a permanent performance schedule there.
- He often tells stories of his recording sessions, his love of steel guitar legends and pioneers, and the several years he toured in Boxcar Willie's band in the early '80s.
- Commentator Gorilla Monsoon nicknamed Greg Valentine “Boxcar” when he saw his changed appearance (most likely after Blues singer “Boxcar Willie”).
- West served as a pallbearer for Boxcar Willie.
- It crosses I-35E again (passing over the Boxcar Willie Memorial Overpass) and also SH 342 in Red Oak before terminating at FM 983 near Ferris.
- Boxcar Willie was born in the area surrounding Ovilla; the overpass at Interstate 35E and FM 664 in Red Oak is named in his memory.
- In the early 1980s Riddle joined Boxcar Willie's touring band, playing the harmonica solos, but remained in Acuff's band on the Opry.
- These syndicated episodes began airing in September and featured some of country music's brightest stars including Porter Wagoner, Boxcar Willie, Charley Pride, Brenda Lee, the Mandrells, and the Statler Brothers, as well as at least one week of regular Nashville families playing against each other.
- With his radio success, Vautour began opening for country legends Boxcar Willie and Gene Watson.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Boxcar Willie