Countries similar to or like British Empire
Composed of the dominions, colonies, protectorates, mandates, and other territories ruled or administered by the United Kingdom and its predecessor states. Wikipedia
Western civilization traces its roots back to Europe and the Mediterranean. Linked to ancient Greece, the Roman Empire and with Medieval Western Christendom which emerged from the Middle Ages to experience such transformative episodes as the Renaissance, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, the Industrial Revolution, scientific revolution, and the development of liberal democracy. Wikipedia
Undoing of colonialism, the latter being the process whereby a nation establishes and maintains its domination of foreign territories (often overseas territories ). The concept particularly applies to the dismantlement, during the second half of the 20th century, of the colonial empires established prior to World War I throughout the world. Wikipedia
Nation or state that, through its great economic, political and military strength, is able to exert power and influence not only over its own region of the world, but beyond to others. In a modern context, recognized great powers first arose in Europe during the post-Napoleonic era. Wikipedia
The British people, or Britons, are the citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the British Overseas Territories, and the Crown dependencies. British nationality law governs modern British citizenship and nationality, which can be acquired, for instance, by descent from British nationals. Wikipedia
Sentences forBritish Empire
- India was then no longer exporting manufactured goods as it long had, but was instead supplying the British Empire with raw materials.
- Between 1855 and 1890, the six colonies individually gained responsible government, managing most of their own affairs while remaining part of the British Empire.
- The British armed forces played a key role in establishing the British Empire as the dominant world power in the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Especially since the 1950s, religions from the former British colonies have grown in numbers, due to immigration.
- The British Empire was expanded to include India, large parts of Africa and many other territories throughout the world.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: British Empire