Former countries similar to or like British Raj
The rule by the British Crown on the Indian subcontinent from 1858 to 1947. Wikipedia
Sentences forBritish Raj
- Most sports played in Pakistan originated and were substantially developed by athletes and sports fans from the United Kingdom who introduced them during the British Raj.
- Although the rebellion was suppressed by 1858, it led to the dissolution of the East India Company and the direct administration of India by the British government.
- There emerged a view that Nepal remained the true bastion of unadulterated Hinduism at a time when Indian culture had been influenced by centuries of Mughal, followed by British rule.
- The British Empire was expanded to include India, large parts of Africa and many other territories throughout the world.
- Despite most of the professional theatre groups that formed during the British Raj having disbanded by the 1950s, Mumbai has developed a thriving "theatre movement" tradition in Marathi, Hindi, English, and other regional languages.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: British Raj