Time zones similar to or like British Summer Time
Advanced one hour forward of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) (in effect, changing the time zone from UTC+00:00 to UTC+01:00), so that mornings have one hour less daylight, and evenings one hour more. Wikipedia
Ireland uses Irish Standard Time (IST, UTC+01:00; Am Caighdeánach Éireannach) in the summer months and Greenwich Mean Time (UTC+00:00; Meán-Am Greenwich) in the winter period. (Roughly half of the state is in the 7.5°W to 22.5°W sector, half is in the same sector as Greenwich: 7.5°E to 7.5°W). Wikipedia
Practice of setting the clock forward by one hour when there is longer daylight during day, so that evenings have more daylight and mornings have less. Most areas of the United States and Canada observe daylight saving time (DST), the exceptions being Arizona (except for the Navajo, who do observe daylight saving time on tribal lands), Hawaii, and the overseas territories of American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands. Wikipedia
Sentences forBritish Summer Time
- During the experiment of 1968 to 1971, when the British Isles did not revert to Greenwich Mean Time during the winter, the all-year British Summer Time was called British Standard Time (BST).
- Between 18 February 1968 and 31 October 1971, BST was used all year round.
- Five in the United Kingdom previously screened MLB games, including the All-Star Game and the postseason games, on Sunday and Wednesday usually starting at 1 a.m. BST.
- WEST is called British Summer Time in the UK and is legally defined as Irish Standard Time in Ireland.
- The Home Office retains a variety of functions that have not found a home elsewhere, and sit oddly with the main law-and-order focus of the department, such as regulation of British Summer Time.
- At 21:13 BST on June 23 the match was suspended due to darkness for a second day at 59–59 in the fifth set.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: British Summer Time