Media similar to or like CD-ROM
Pre-pressed optical compact disc that contains data. Wikipedia
Process of assembling source material—video, audio or other data—into the proper logical volume format to then be recorded onto an optical disc (typically a compact disc or DVD). Optical disc, one usually first creates an optical disc image with a full file system, of a type designed for the optical disc, in temporary storage such as a file in another file system on a disk drive. Wikipedia
- It replaced a floppy disk drive with a CD-ROM drive for installing software, but could not write to CDs or other media without external third-party hardware.
- "Official" reconstructions have also been released by the BBC on VHS, on MP3 CD-ROM, and as special features on DVD.
- CD-i discs can contain audio tracks that can be played on regular CD players, but CD-i discs are not compatible with most CD-ROM drives and software.
- Canada Post provides a free postal code look-up tool on its website, via its mobile application, and sells hard-copy directories and CD-ROMs.
- These encoding techniques (defined in the Red Book) were originally designed for CD Digital Audio, but they later became a standard for almost all CD formats (such as CD-ROM).
- The Legal Deposit Libraries Act 2003 extended United Kingdom legal deposit requirements to electronic documents, such as CD-ROMs and selected websites.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: CD-ROM