Government agencies similar to or like Cabinet of the United States
Body consisting of the vice president of the United States and the heads of federal executive departments of the executive branch of the federal government of the United States which is regarded as the principal advisory body to the president of the United States. Wikipedia
National government of the United States, a federal republic in North America, composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories and several island possessions. Composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive, and judicial, whose powers are vested by the U.S. Constitution in the Congress, the president and the federal courts, respectively. Wikipedia
Article Two of the United States Constitution establishes the executive branch of the federal government, which carries out and enforces federal laws. Article Two vests the power of the executive branch in the office of the president of the United States, lays out the procedures for electing and removing the president, and establishes the president's powers and responsibilities. Wikipedia
Federal constitutional democratic republic, in which the president , Congress, and judiciary share powers reserved to the national government, and the federal government shares sovereignty with the state governments. Headed by the president and is independent of the legislature. Wikipedia
Sentences forCabinet of the United States
- The Senate has an important check on the executive power by confirming Cabinet officials, judges, and other high officers "by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate."
- It was elevated to a cabinet-level department in 1872, and was transformed by the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970 into the United States Postal Service as an independent agency.
- For example, the "advice and consent" powers (such as the power to approve treaties and confirm members of the Cabinet) are a sole Senate privilege.
- He attracted the attention of the media and the Republican Party, when Dwight Eisenhower authorized him to preside at Cabinet meetings in his absence.
- Ambassadors, members of the Cabinet, and other federal officers, are all appointed by a president with the "advice and consent" of a majority of the Senate.
- His executive precedents included the inaugural address, messages to Congress, and the cabinet form of the executive branch.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Cabinet of the United States