Nascar drivers similar to or like Cale Yarborough
American farmer, businessman and former NASCAR Winston Cup Series driver and owner. Wikipedia
Former NASCAR driver who raced from 1958 to 1992 in the former NASCAR Grand National and Winston Cup Series (now called the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series). The first driver to win the NASCAR Cup Championship seven times , winning a record 200 races during his career, winning the Daytona 500 a record seven times, and winning a record 27 races (10 of them consecutively) in the 1967 season alone. Wikipedia
American stockcar driver who died in a single-car accident in the 1989 Atlanta Journal 500 in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series. Adcox's Winston Cup Series career started in 1974, running a handful of races for his father Herb Adcox with sponsorship backing from the family's Chevrolet dealership in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Wikipedia
Retired driver on the NASCAR Winston Cup circuit whose career spanned five decades. Marcis won five times over this tenure, twice at Richmond, including his final win in 1982, and collected 94 top-fives and 222 top-tens His best championship results were second in 1975, fifth in 1978, sixth in 1974, 1976 and 1982, and ninth in 1970, 1980 and 1981. Wikipedia
Sentences forCale Yarborough
- Previously, the most consecutive championships had been three in a row by Cale Yarborough in the late 1970s, the only other time when a driver has won three or more NASCAR Cup Series championships in a row.
- After the 2008 season, Johnson became the second driver to win three consecutive NASCAR Cup Series championships, the first being Cale Yarborough.
- Hammond was at first skeptical of Waltrip's driving style since it differed so much from the former driver for whom he worked, Cale Yarborough.
- In the second race of the year at Phoenix, Gordon won for the first time in 66 races; At the Aaron's 499, Gordon broke the tie for the third-most poles with Cale Yarborough.
- The nickname was given to Waltrip by rival Cale Yarborough in an interview after Waltrip crashed Yarborough out of a race.
- Petty and Cale Yarborough diced it out on that lap, with Yarborough drafting and taking an early lead before Petty managed to cross the start/finish line only a fender-length ahead.
- In 2008, Johnson tied Cale Yarborough's record by winning his third consecutive championship.
- This was Johnson's 11th win at Dover and 83rd career win, which tied him with Cale Yarborough.
- 20 and became the third driver after Kyle Busch and Cale Yarborough to win on their birthday after holding off Kasey Kahne.
- The first three cars to cross the finish line after the scheduled 334 laps (501 miles) were driven by Cale Yarborough, Richard Petty, and Bobby Allison, in that order.
- Martin did not compete in the Food City 500, becoming the first driver since Cale Yarborough to sit out a race as the points leader.
- Petty won the race as the first and second place cars of Donnie Allison and Cale Yarborough crashed on the last lap.
- On May 2, 2009, Busch became the second driver in Sprint Cup Series history to win a race on his birthday, after Cale Yarborough, with a win in the Crown Royal Presents the Russ Friedman 400 at Richmond International Raceway.
- Cosell ripped Economaki for a miscue in an interview with Cale Yarborough for ABC "(and he) never let me forget that".
- Eight seconds behind the Pearson-Petty duel, Buddy Baker and Cale Yarborough seemed to have crossed the finish line at the same time.
- Early in the 1979 Daytona 500, Bobby, his brother Donnie and rival Cale Yarborough tangled early in the race.
- Parsons began his NASCAR career by running a single race in 1964 for Holman-Moody with a young Cale Yarborough.
- The other two men that have accomplished that feat were Richard Petty and Cale Yarborough.
- Numerous streets in the neighborhood to the east of the Moreno Valley Mall off Frederick Street are named after racers that raced at Riverside, such as Yarborough Drive, Gurney Place, Donohue Court, Surtees Court, Brabham Street, Andretti Street and Penske Street.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Cale Yarborough