U.S. states similar to or like California
State in the Pacific Coast region of the United States. Wikipedia
- Los Angeles (Los Ángeles; "The Angels"), officially the City of Los Angeles and often abbreviated as L.A., is the largest city in California.
- In 1852, the newspaper started a western division, The Times of California, which arrived whenever a mail boat from New York docked in California.
- From the mid 2000s–2019, Texas gained an influx of business relocations and regional headquarters from companies in California.
- Faktorowicz created a line of cosmetics company in California known as Max Factor and coined the term "make-up" based on the verb phrase "to make up" one's face, now widely used as an alternative for describing cosmetics.
- Virginia has one of the highest concentrations of veterans of any state, and is second to California in total Department of Defense employees.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: California