Topics similar to or like Caliphate
Islamic state under the leadership of an Islamic steward with the title of caliph (خَلِيفَة khalīfah, ), a person considered a politico-religious successor to the Islamic prophet Muhammad and a leader of the entire Muslim world (ummah). Wikipedia
The Abbasid caliphs were the holders of the Islamic title of caliph who were members of the Abbasid dynasty, a branch of the Quraysh tribe descended from the uncle of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, al-Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib. The family came to power in the Abbasid Revolution in 748–750, supplanting the Umayyad Caliphate. Wikipedia
- In the early 7th century, the newly formed Arabian Islamic Caliphate expanded into Egypt, and then into North Africa.
- It is possible the name California was meant to imply the island was a Caliphate.
- Therefore, they rebelled against the Ottoman Sultanate, until the Ottoman Empire disintegrated after World War I and the Caliphate was abolished in 1924.
- The principality was ruled by the Prince of Armenia, and recognised by the Caliph and the Byzantine Emperor.
- Since the beginning of the 7th century, the Caliphate had conquered much of the southern Mediterranean, and represented a threat to Christianity.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Caliphate