National Register of Historic Places similar to or like Camp Nelson Heritage National Monument
525 acre national monument, historical museum and park located in southern Jessamine County, Kentucky, United States, 20 mi south of Lexington, Kentucky. Wikipedia
Historic statue created in the Jim Crow era and located on the Jessamine County courthouse lawn in Nicholasville, Kentucky, ten miles south of Lexington, Kentucky. 11 ft granite pedestal surmounted by a 7 ft bronze "Confederate" soldier statue with knapsack and kepi hat. Wikipedia
Sentences forCamp Nelson Heritage National Monument
- At the close of the war, he was in command of Camp Nelson, the vast Union recruiting and deployment depot south of Lexington.
- Fugitive slaves came to Louisville and Camp Nelson and were enlisted in the U. S. Colored Infantry.
- In October 2018, Barr played a pivotal role in Camp Nelson being designated as Kentucky's first National Monument by the Department of the Interior.
- About 80 of those veterans trained at nearby Camp Nelson, a Union supply depot and recruitment site.
- Nicholasville is near Camp Nelson Heritage National Monument and Camp Nelson National Cemetery.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Camp Nelson Heritage National Monument