Legislations similar to or like Canadian nationality law
Regulated by the Citizenship Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-29) since 1977. Wikipedia
Since 1977, Canadian nationality (French: Nationalité canadienne) has been regulated by the Citizenship Act ( R.S.C., 1985, c. C-29). Canada established its own nationality law in 1946 with the enactment of the Canadian Citizenship Act 1946, which took effect on 1 January 1947. Wikipedia
Israeli citizenship law (חוק האזרחות הישראלית) regulates who are and can become citizens of Israel. The law rests on two statutes: the Law of Return enacted in 1950, allowing every Jew to immigrate to Israel, and the Citizenship Act of 1952, which defines how Israeli nationality could be acquired and lost. Wikipedia
United States citizenship acquired by a person automatically, by operation of law. This takes place in two situations: by virtue of the person's birth within United States territory or because one or both of their parents is (or was) a US citizen. Wikipedia
Sentences forCanadian nationality law
- King's government introduced the Canadian Citizenship Act in 1946, which officially created the notion of "Canadian citizens".
- In 1922 she applied for Canadian "permission to land" (a prerequisite to status as a "British Subject with Canadian Domicile") and rented a house in Toronto, where she moved with her four adopted children.
- Canada's nationality law closely mirrored that of the United Kingdom.
- Young has lived in California since the 1960s but retains Canadian citizenship.
- Cruz has said that when he was a child, his mother told him that she would have to make an affirmative act to claim Canadian citizenship for him, so his family assumed that he did not hold Canadian citizenship.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Canadian nationality law