Australian places similar to or like Canberra
The History of Canberra details the development of the City of Canberra from the time before European settlement to the city's planning by the Chicago architect Walter Burley Griffin in collaboration with Marion Mahony Griffin, and its subsequent development to the present day. Inhabited by Indigenous Australians, who spoke a Ngarigo dialect. Wikipedia
- Eventually the area that now forms the Australian Capital Territory was ceded by New South Wales when Canberra was selected.
- In federal politics, Sydney was initially considered as a possibility for Australia's capital city; the newly created city of Canberra ultimately filled this role.
- Montevideo is the southernmost capital city in the Americas, and the third most southerly in the world (only Canberra and Wellington are further south).
- In Canberra, a commemorative service is usually held at the Saint John the Baptist Anglican Church in Reid.
- With his delivery improved, the Duke opened the new Parliament House in Canberra, Australia, during a tour of the empire with the Duchess in 1927.
- The first federal parliament was convened on 9 May 1901 in the Royal Exhibition Building, subsequently moving to the Victorian Parliament House where it was located until 1927, when it was moved to Canberra.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Canberra