Settlements similar to or like Captain Arturo Prat Base
Chilean Antarctic research station located at Iquique Cove, Greenwich Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. Wikipedia
Small, L-shaped, low-lying shingle covered peninsula on the east side of Discovery Bay, Greenwich Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica forming the northwest coast of Iquique Cove and the north side of its entrance. Projecting 700 m southwestwards and 300 m wide, with the narrow shingle Reyes Spit extending 400 m southwestwards from its west extremity Reyes Point (-62.47889°N, -59.67036°W) into Discovery Bay. Wikipedia
Small Chilean Antarctic research base in the northwest of Robert Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica situated on the isthmus linking Coppermine Peninsula to Alfatar Peninsula and bounded by Carlota Cove to the north and Coppermine Cove to the south. Established as a refuge in 1949 and opened as a base in 1954, the facility supports summer research in geology, geophysics and terrestrial biology. Wikipedia
Ice-free point on the northwest coast of Discovery Bay, Greenwich Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica named by the 1947 Chilean Antarctic Expedition after First Lieutenant Fernando Serrano, doctor on the expedition frigate Iquique. Located at -62.45833°N, -59.73139°W which is 1.66 km south by west of Spark Point, 4.07 km west-northwest of Ash Point, 4.31 km north of Labbé Point and 2.17 km northeast of Ortiz Point . Wikipedia
Sentences forCaptain Arturo Prat Base
- In 1947, the navy established the first Chilean base, the Captain Arturo Prat Base, on the continent before the Chilean Army or Air Force established their own bases.
- One of Chile's Antarctic research facilities, Arturo Prat Station, and the Chilean Naval Academy, Escuela Naval Arturo Prat are named after him.
- Chile began to perform acts of sovereignty in the Antarctic continent with installation, Sovereignty Base current Arturo Prat in 1947.
- Further away is Captain Arturo Prat Base, also Chilean, 50 km to the west.
- Some of the buildings are among historically important sites and under protection, such as the Chilean Captain Arturo Prat Base's wooden cross and a Statue of Our Lady of the Carmel.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Captain Arturo Prat Base