Rugby league football competitions similar to or like Challenge Cup
Knockout rugby league cup competition organised by the Rugby Football League, held annually since 1896, with the exception of 1915–1919 and 1939–1940, due to World War I and World War II respectively. Wikipedia
Annual event organised by the Rugby Football League in which an entire round of Super League matches is played over a weekend at a single stadium to promote the sport of rugby league. Held at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff in 2007, and subsequent events have taken place at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh; the Etihad Stadium, Manchester; St James' Park, Newcastle, and Anfield, Liverpool. Wikipedia
118th staging of the Challenge Cup, the main rugby league knockout tournament for teams in the Super League, the British National Leagues and a number of invited amateur clubs. The defending champions were Catalans Dragons, who beat Warrington Wolves 20–14 at Wembley Stadium on 25 August 2018, to become the first non-British team to win the challenge cup in its 117-year history. Wikipedia
Sentences forChallenge Cup
- Additionally, the only time that lower division clubs got the chance to play illustrious Super League opposition was in the early rounds of the Challenge Cup.
- After going out of the Challenge Cup to Salford in 1996 and St Helens in 1997, they returned to Wembley for the final time in 1998.
- The Challenge Cup is a separate cup competition, involving clubs from Super League and all levels of rugby league in Britain.
- Additionally, the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final returned to Wembley Stadium in 2007, and the stadium also hosted both semi-finals of the 2013 Rugby League World Cup.
- The club had a period of sustained success from the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s winning eight successive Challenge Cups and seven successive League Championships.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Challenge Cup