Settlements similar to or like Chennai
"Madras" redirects here. Wikipedia
- Chennai, the capital of the state is the fourth largest urban agglomeration in India and is also one of the major metropolitan cities of India.
- In 1639, the British, under the East India Company, established a settlement further south of Pulicat, in present-day Chennai.
- The Mumbai–Chennai and Mumbai–Delhi prongs of the Golden Quadrilateral system of National Highways start from the city.
- An annual concert festival called "Blazing Guitars" held in Chennai brings together Anglo-Indian musicians from all over the country (including some who have emigrated to places like Australia).
- The first of its kind was established in Madras, called "Edison's Grand Cinemamegaphone".
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Chennai