Motorsport venues similar to or like Chicagoland Speedway
1.5 mi tri-oval speedway in Joliet, Illinois, southwest of Chicago. Wikipedia
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stock car race held on September 18, 2016 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois. The 27th race of the 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season, first race of the Chase and first race of the Round of 16, Furniture Row Racing's Martin Truex, Jr. won his first career race in Chicagoland and third race of the 2016 season, to advance to the second race of the Chase. Wikipedia
2 mi moderate-banked D-shaped speedway located off U.S. Highway 12 on more than 1400 acre approximately 4 mi south of the village of Brooklyn, in the scenic Irish Hills area of southeastern Michigan. 70 mi west of the center of Detroit, 40 mi from Ann Arbor and 60 mi south and northwest of Lansing and Toledo, Ohio respectively. Wikipedia
1.058 mi oval speedway located in Loudon, New Hampshire, which has hosted NASCAR racing annually since 1990, as well as the longest-running motorcycle race in North America, the Loudon Classic. Often converted into a 1.6 mi road course, which includes much of the oval. Wikipedia
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stock car race held on September 15, 2013, at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois, United States. The twenty-seventh in the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season, as well as the first race in the ten-race Chase for the Sprint Cup, which ends the season. Wikipedia
Motorsport complex located in Concord, North Carolina, 13 mi outside Charlotte. The complex features a 1.5 mi quad oval track that hosts NASCAR racing including the prestigious Coca-Cola 600 on Memorial Day weekend, the NASCAR All-Star Race, and the Bank of America Roval 400. Wikipedia
Sentences forChicagoland Speedway
- Scott's performance continued to improve, winning another Richmond pole (in the Spring race), poles at both Chicagoland races, and was in contention to win several races.
- Three weeks later, at Chicagoland Speedway, both Johnson and Busch were involved in another incident where they collided with each other.
- In the first Chase race at Chicagoland Speedway, Earnhardt suffered an engine failure, placing him last in Chase competition.
- Feese scored a win at Nashville, while Krisiloff scored a victory at Chicagoland Speedway.
- In 2001, he recorded one win at Chicagoland Speedway, and finished eighth in the point standings, his win at Chicagoland would be his only throughout his career at the track.
- The Cup race would be the first race for the playoffs (replacing Chicagoland Speedway), The regular season finale for Xfinity Series, and the second playoff race for the Truck Series.
- In addition to his wins at Dover, he took home a Nationwide win at Chicagoland Speedway during a cup series off week in July.
- He finished in fourth place in the Challenger Round opener at Chicagoland Speedway moving him to 3rd in points.
- Truex started the playoffs on a high note, winning the first race of the playoffs, and his 5th win of the season at Chicagoland Speedway despite a pit road speeding penalty early in the race.
- Later in the season, he took his third Cup win at Chicagoland Speedway.
- In the first race of the Chase at Chicagoland, Harvick finished 42nd after getting a flat tire and spinning into the wall due to contact with Jimmie Johnson a few laps earlier on a restart.
- On July 15, 2007, Stewart led a race high 108 laps and recorded his 30th career NEXTEL Cup win at the USG Sheetrock 400 at Joliet.
- Architecture firm HNTB, which also designed Chicagoland Speedway, provided civil engineering and site development, landscape design, and race track design.
- While at Chicagoland Speedway for the GEICO 400, Johnson finished 10th.
- In his debut at the 2018 Overton's 400 at Chicagoland Speedway, he coined his catchphrase: "Slide job!"
- Earnhardt improved thereafter following the change, finishing fifteenth at Chicagoland Speedway, though he had one DNF at Daytona International Speedway after being taken out of the race early in a large pileup.
- He won his second career Cup race at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois.
- The season was highlighted with Stewart's first win coming at Chicagoland.
- He then had consistent finishes like his seventh at Chicagoland Speedway, and fourth at Talladega.
- In September, he won the first race in the Chase, the GEICO 400 at Chicagoland Speedway.
- Chicagoland Speedway hosts annual events from NASCAR.
- After a career-best 22nd-place finish at Sonoma Raceway, Ragan suffered numerous mechanical issues in the race at Chicagoland Speedway and struggled to a 38th-place finish, nearly 80 laps off the pace.
- Entering the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup portion of the schedule winless, Stewart won the opening race of the Chase at the Chicagoland Speedway and jumped up seven spots in the points, securing second place and extending his streak of consecutive years with a win to 13.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Chicagoland Speedway