Settlements similar to or like Christchurch
Largest city in the South Island of New Zealand and the seat of the Canterbury Region. Wikipedia
Session of legislature in New Zealand, which opened on 7 November 2017 following the 2017 general election and dissolved on 6 September 2020. The New Zealand Parliament comprises the Sovereign (represented by the governor-general) and the House of Representatives, which consists of 120 members. Wikipedia
- Of the seven largest cities, Christchurch is the driest, receiving on average only 640 mm of rain per year and Wellington the wettest, receiving almost twice that amount.
- Dunedin and the region industrialised and consolidated and the Main South Line connected the city with Christchurch in 1878 and Invercargill in 1879.
- (Tuckett turned down the site which would become Christchurch, as he felt the ground around the Avon river was swampy.
- ChristChurch Cathedral in New Zealand, after which the City of Christchurch is named, is itself named after Christ Church, Oxford.
- Christchurch is the driest city, receiving about 640 mm (25 in) of rain per year while Invercargill is the wettest, receiving about 1,150 mm (45 in).
- He attends official events in the United Kingdom in support of Commonwealth countries, such as the Christchurch earthquake memorial service at Westminster Abbey in 2011.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Christchurch