Topics similar to or like Christianization
Conversion of individuals to Christianity or the conversion of entire groups at once. Wikipedia
Protestant ecclesiological term referring to the church invisible comprising all Christians, used since the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century. In this understanding, "Christian Church" (or "catholic church") does not refer to a particular Christian denomination but to the "body" or "group" of believers, both defined in various ways. Wikipedia
Important part of the strategy of Interpretatio Christiana during the Christianization of pagan peoples. Christianized, as prominent features were rededicated to Christian saints, sometimes quite directly, as when the island of Oglasa in the Tyrrhenian Sea was christened Montecristo. Wikipedia
- According to Constantine VII Christianization of Croats began in the 7th century, but the claim is disputed, and generally, Christianization is associated with the 9th century.
- The earliest preserved stone buildings in Bohemia and Moravia date back to the time of the Christianization in the 9th and 10th century.
- These were gradually Christianised, and by Byzantium's late stages, Eastern Orthodoxy represented most Christians and, in general, most people in what remained of the Empire.
- The two communities were somewhat hostile at first, but as the Croats became Christianized this tension increasingly subsided.
- Occom, disappointed with Wheelock's departure from the school's original goal of Indian Christianization, went on to form his own community of New England Indians called Brothertown Indians in New York.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Christianization