Cinema markets similar to or like Cinema of the United States
The cinema of the United States has had a large effect on the film industry in general since the early 20th century. Wikipedia
Artistic medium is not clearly defined, the commercial, public screening of ten of Lumière brothers' short films in Paris on 28 December 1895 can be regarded as the breakthrough of projected cinematographic motion pictures. There had been earlier cinematographic results and screenings by others, but they lacked either the quality, financial backing, stamina or the luck to find the momentum that propelled the cinématographe Lumière into a worldwide success. Wikipedia
The film industry or motion picture industry, comprises the technological and commercial institutions of filmmaking, i.e., film production companies, film studios, cinematography, animation, film production, screenwriting, pre-production, post production, film festivals, distribution and actors, film directors and other film crew personnel. Expansion of opportunities to acquire investment capital from outside the film industry itself, have allowed independent film production to evolve. Wikipedia
Major film studios are production and distribution companies that release a substantial number of films annually and consistently command a significant share of box office revenue in a given market. In the American and international markets, the major film studios, often simply known as the majors, are commonly regarded as the five diversified media conglomerates whose various film production and distribution subsidiaries collectively command approximately 80–85% of U.S. box office revenue. Wikipedia
Sentences forCinema of the United States
- Many Canadian comedians have achieved international success such as in the American television and film industries and are amongst the most recognized in the world.
- Los Angeles is known for its Mediterranean climate, ethnic diversity, Hollywood entertainment industry, and its sprawling metropolis.
- In 2001 ticket sales, Indian cinema (including Bollywood) reportedly sold an estimated 3.6 billion tickets worldwide, compared to Hollywood's 2.6 billion tickets sold.
- Cleveland has served as the setting for many major studio and independent films, and, early in American film history, it was even a center for film production.
- Styles such as slack-key guitar are well known worldwide, while Hawaiian-tinged music is a frequent part of Hollywood soundtracks.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Cinema of the United States