Rivers similar to or like Colorado River
One of the principal rivers (along with the Rio Grande) in the Southwestern United States and northern Mexico. Wikipedia
Completed. The shallow draft paddle steamers were found to be the most economical way to ship goods between the Pacific Ocean ports and settlements and mines along the lower river, putting in at landings in Sonora state, Baja California Territory, California state, Arizona Territory, New Mexico Territory, and Nevada state. Wikipedia
River region of the lower Colorado River of the southwestern United States in North America that rises in the Rocky Mountains and has its outlet at the Colorado River Delta in the northern Gulf of California in northwestern Mexico, between the states of Baja California and Sonora. This north–south stretch of the Colorado River forms the border between the U.S. states of California/Arizona and Nevada/Arizona, and between the Mexican states of Baja California/Sonora. Wikipedia
The principal tributaries of the Colorado River of North America are the Gila River, the San Juan River, the Green River, and the Gunnison River. Tree demonstrating the points at which the major and minor tributaries of the Colorado River branch off from the main river and from each other. Wikipedia
Major tributary of the Colorado River in the Southwestern United States, providing the chief drainage for the Four Corners region of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona. Originating as snowmelt in the San Juan Mountains (part of the Rocky Mountains) of Colorado, it flows 383 mi through the deserts of northern New Mexico and southeastern Utah to join the Colorado River at Glen Canyon. Wikipedia
Sentences forColorado River
- The southeastern border of California with Arizona is entirely formed by the Colorado River, from which the southern part of the state gets about half of its water.
- With the exception of the Colorado River, river and aquifer systems in Sonora are a result of rains from incoming clouds rising above the Sierra Madre Occidental.
- The Colorado River forms the state's southeast border with Arizona.
- The name Colorado was chosen because it was commonly believed that the Colorado River originated in the territory.
- Of the 62780 acre.ft per year of the water in the upper Colorado River basin entitled to municipalities in New Mexico by the Upper Colorado River Basin Compact, Albuquerque owns 48,200.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Colorado River