Countries similar to or like Confederate States of America
Unrecognized breakaway state in existence from February 8, 1861, to May 9, 1865, that fought against the United States of America during the American Civil War. Wikipedia
Civil war in the United States from 1861 to 1865, fought between northern states loyal to the Union and southern states that had seceded to form the Confederate States of America. The civil war began as a result of the unresolved controversy of the enslavement of black people in the southern states. Wikipedia
Chronologically ordered list of events and issues which historians recognize as origins and causes of the American Civil War. These events are roughly divided into two periods: the first encompasses the gradual build-up over many decades of the numerous social, economic, and political issues that ultimately contributed to the war's outbreak, and the second encompasses the five-month span following the election of Abraham Lincoln as President of the United States in 1860 and culminating in the capture of Fort Sumter in April 1861. Wikipedia
The flags of the Confederate States of America have a history of three successive designs from 1861 to 1865. The flags were known as the "Stars and Bars", used from 1861 to 1863, the "Stainless Banner", used from 1863 to 1865, and the "Blood-Stained Banner", used in 1865 shortly before the Confederacy's dissolution. Wikipedia
Historians debating the origins of the American Civil War focus on the reasons why seven Southern states (followed by four more after the onset of the war) declared their secession from the United States (the Union), why they united to form the Confederate States of America (simply known as the "Confederacy"), and why the North refused to let them go. While virtually all historians in the 21st century agree that conflicts over slavery caused the war, they disagree sharply regarding which kinds of conflict—ideological, economic, political, or social—were most important. Wikipedia
Sentences forConfederate States of America
- In 1860 and 1861, 11 southern states each declared secession from the United States, and joined together to form the Confederate States of America (CSA).
- This provision, which came into force soon after the end of the Civil War, was intended to prevent those who had sided with the Confederacy from serving.
- These states agreed to form a new federal government, the Confederate States of America, on February 4, 1861.
- The South was outraged, and before his inauguration, seven slave states with cotton-based economies declared secession and formed the Confederacy.
- Florida declared its secession from the Union on January 10, 1861, and was one of the seven original Confederate States.
- The U.S. Navy played a major role in the American Civil War by blockading the Confederacy and seizing control of its rivers.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Confederate States of America