Legislatures similar to or like Constituent Assembly of India
Elected to write the Constitution of India. Wikipedia
Indian independence activist and, subsequently, the first Prime Minister of India, as well as a central figure in Indian politics both before and after independence. Eminent leader of the Indian independence movement, serving India as Prime Minister from its establishment in 1947 as an independent nation, until his death in 1964. Wikipedia
Sentences forConstituent Assembly of India
- The agreed plan in 1946 led to elections to the provincial assemblies and the members of the assemblies in turn electing members of the Constituent assembly.
- After the adoption of the constitution on 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly continued to act as the interim parliament until new elections.
- In the December 1945 elections for the Constituent Assembly of India, the League won every seat reserved for Muslims.
- At a separate meeting of legislators from West Bengal, it was decided (58 votes to 21) that the province should be partitioned and West Bengal should join the Constituent Assembly of India.
- In 1946, it was converted and refurbished into Constituent Assembly Hall.
- Still, following this, the Constituent Assembly of India, under the leadership of B.R.Ambedkar, undertook the process of drafting a completely new constitution for the country.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Constituent Assembly of India