National football teams similar to or like Costa Rica national football team
The Costa Rica national football team (Selección de fútbol de Costa Rica) represents Costa Rica in men's international football. Wikipedia
Governed by Panamanian Football Federation, The team represents all three FIFA, CONCACAF and the regional UNCAF. Panama qualified for the FIFA World Cup for the first time for the 2018 tournament in Russia and scored their first goal of the World Cup against England, although they lost the match 6–1. Wikipedia
Controlled by the Nicaraguan Football Federation. Nicaragua achieved its first qualification to a major international competition in 2009, as they qualified for the 2009 Gold Cup as the last entrant from Central America, after a 2–0 win over Guatemala in the fifth place match in the 2009 Nations Cup. Wikipedia
Controlled by the Football Federation of Belize, a member of the Central American Football Union of CONCACAF. Although Belize has never qualified for a FIFA World Cup tournament, it has once qualified for a CONCACAF Gold Cup championship in 2013, in which they were eliminated in the group stage. Wikipedia
Below are listed all the matches played by the Costa Rica national football team between 2010 and 2019. Marked by the inauguration of the new national stadium in San José in late March. Wikipedia
Most popular sport in almost all North, Central American and Caribbean countries, and 11 members of the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football, CONCACAF, have competed at the sport's biggest event – the men's FIFA World Cup. According to FIFA. Wikipedia
The Trinidad and Tobago national football team, nicknamed the "Soca Warriors", represents the twin-island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in international football. Controlled by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association, which is a member of CONCACAF , the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), and the global jurisdiction of FIFA. Wikipedia
Sentences forCosta Rica national football team
- Scotland were drawn in a group with Costa Rica, Sweden, and Brazil, but the Scots lost 1–0 to Costa Rica.
- In the 2006 FIFA World Cup, Ecuador finished ahead of Poland and Costa Rica finishing second behind Germany in Group A in the 2006 World Cup.
- In the following match against Costa Rica on 22 June, goals from Coutinho and Neymar in stoppage time saw Brazil win 2–0.
- In his first game as Australia's manager, a home friendly match against Costa Rica, Australia won 1–0 courtesy of a goal from Tim Cahill.
- In the quarter-finals, where they faced Costa Rica, the Dutch had many shots on goal but could not score; the match finished in a 0–0 draw after extra time.
- The national team has played in five FIFA World Cup tournaments and reached the quarter-finals for the first time in 2014.
- In recent years the United States has also begun to develop a rivalry with Costa Rica.
- In the opening match of the tournament, Germany and Costa Rica played a game which ended 4–2 for the host in the highest scoring opening match in the tournament's history.
- The team placed second in the group, and won the quarterfinal match against Costa Rica and semifinal against Panama, both under controversial circumstances.
- Approximately 600 Chinese engineers and laborers took part in this project, and it was inaugurated in March 2011, with a match between the national teams of Costa Rica and China.
- The third and final group game saw Poland defeat Costa Rica 2–1; with Bartosz Bosacki getting on the scoresheet twice.
- However, in the second group stage match, underdogs Costa Rica beat the Italians 1–0.
- In December 2013, Italy was drawn in Group D against Costa Rica, England and Uruguay.
- Costa Rica complained over Uruguay's winning goal in the 2010 CONMEBOL–CONCACAF playoff, while Egypt and Algeria's November 2009 matches were surrounded by reports of crowd trouble.
- Turkey qualified from the group stage with a 3–0 win against China PR after drawing 1–1 with Costa Rica.
- Mexico will play Costa Rica in the 2020 CONCACAF Nations League Finals.
- Group C saw Brazil become the other team to win all three of their Group matches, defeating Turkey 2–1 in Ulsan, China 4–0 in Seogwipo and Costa Rica 5–2 in Suwon.
- Costa Rica beat Scotland 1–0 in their first match, lost 1–0 to Brazil in their second, then saw off Sweden 2–1 to claim a place in the second round.
- On the next day, CONMEBOL invited Costa Rica to replace Japan in the competition.
- In the 2014 World Cup Uruguay was placed in Group D alongside Costa Rica, England, and Italy.
- Three teams made their debuts, as this was the first World Cup to feature Costa Rica and the Republic of Ireland, and the only one to date to feature the United Arab Emirates.
- At the World Cup, Switzerland were drawn to play Brazil, Serbia and Costa Rica in Group E.
- This was followed by three straight wins against Cyprus, Costa Rica and Zambia.
- At the 2006 World Cup, Poland drew Germany, Ecuador and Costa Rica in Group A.
- Costa Rica, Ireland and the UAE made their first appearances in the finals.
- As Group C runners-up Greece was paired in the round of 16 with Group D shock winners Costa Rica, who won their first-ever World Cup group stage ahead of former world champions Uruguay, Italy and England.
- Poland's first match was a 2–0 defeat to Ecuador, followed by a 1–0 defeat to Germany, with Oliver Neuville scoring a stoppage time winning goal; with the defeat to Germany, and following Ecuador's 3–0 win over Costa Rica, officially ending Poland's chances of advancing further than the group.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Costa Rica national football team