Subdivision types similar to or like County (United States)
Administrative or political subdivision of a state that consists of a geographic region with specific boundaries and usually some level of governmental authority. Wikipedia
This article lists the 3,143 counties and county equivalents of the United States. The 50 states of the United States are divided into 3,007 counties, political and geographic subdivisions of a state. Wikipedia
FIPS state codes were numeric and two-letter alphabetic codes defined in U.S. Federal Information Processing Standard Publication ("FIPS PUB") 5-2 to identify U.S. states and certain other associated areas. Superseded on September 2, 2008, by ANSI standard INCITS 38:2009. Wikipedia
List of United States counties by per capita income. Data for the 50 states and the District of Columbia is from the 2009–2013 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates; data for Puerto Rico is from the 2013–2017 American Community Survey 5-Year estimates, and data for the other U.S. territories is from the 2010 U.S. Census. State income levels and income data for the United States as a whole are included for comparison. Wikipedia
Sentences forCounty (United States)
- States are divided into counties or county-equivalents, which may be assigned some local governmental authority but are not sovereign.
- Unlike many other states, significant autonomy is granted to many of Maryland's counties.
- The state is divided into 92 counties, which are led by a board of county commissioners.
- St. Louis is one of the 41 independent cities in the U.S. that does not legally belong to any county.
- The local government's duties are commonly split between county and municipal governments.
- California is divided into 58 counties.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: County (United States)