Historic subdivisions similar to or like County of London
County of England from 1889 to 1965, corresponding to the area known today as Inner London. Wikipedia
Sentences forCounty of London
- This expansion was reflected in the creation of the County of London in 1889, detaching the areas subsumed by the city from Surrey.
- The county had revised boundaries, with the north east of the historic county bordering the City of London becoming part of a new County of London.
- In the same year, this location was placed into the new County of London, and was thus outside the council's area of jurisdiction.
- Use in a municipal context appeared in a 1914 report submitted in response to what was considered to have been the successful creation of the County of London in 1889.
- In 1889 the County of London was created and took over responsibility for local administration of parts of north-west Kent.
- In 1910, it was noted that the county councils of Essex and Middlesex and the Sheriff's Office of the County of London were all using the same arms.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: County of London