Topics similar to or like Cult film
Film that has acquired a cult following. Wikipedia
The films listed below have been cited by a variety of notable critics in varying media sources as being among the worst films ever made. Examples of such sources include Metacritic, Roger Ebert's list of most-hated films, The Golden Turkey Awards, Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide, Rotten Tomatoes, the Stinkers Bad Movie Awards, the cult TV series Mystery Science Theater 3000, the cult webseries The Cinema Snob and the Golden Raspberry Awards (aka the "Razzies"). Wikipedia
Cultural phenomenon surrounding the large fan base of enthusiastic participants of the movie The Rocky Horror Picture Show, generally credited as being the best-known cinematic "midnight movie", if not the first. The film The Rocky Horror Picture Show came about due to the tremendous success of the stage musical The Rocky Horror Show and opened in the United States at the United Artists Theater in Westwood, Los Angeles, California, on September 26, 1975. Wikipedia
Film with a cult following, obscure or unpopular with mainstream audiences, and often revolutionary or ironically enjoyed. Expanded to exclude films that have been released by major studios or have big budgets, try specifically to become cult films, or become accepted by mainstream audiences and critics. Wikipedia
Sentences forCult film
- However, many of Carpenter's films from the 1970s and the 1980s have come to be considered as cult classics, and he has been acknowledged as an influential filmmaker.
- Despite its mainstream success, it is considered an example of a cult blockbuster—a popular film with a dedicated fanbase.
- The film later found commercial success with its DVD release, establishing Fight Club as a cult classic and causing media to revisit the film.
- The film has since become a cult classic, with out-of-print copies of the VHS version selling for up to $100 on eBay until the release of the DVD in 2002.
- Donnie Darko, Gyllenhaal's second film, was not a box office success upon its initial 2001 release but eventually became a cult favorite.
- Despite being a box-office failure, the former garnered him the National Film Award for Best Actor and has since developed a cult status.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Cult film