Topics similar to or like Culture of the United Kingdom
Influenced by the combined nations' history; its historically Christian religious life, its interaction with the cultures of Europe, the traditions of England, Wales and Scotland, and the impact of the British Empire. Wikipedia
The British people, or Britons, are the citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the British Overseas Territories, and the Crown dependencies. British nationality law governs modern British citizenship and nationality, which can be acquired, for instance, by descent from British nationals. Wikipedia
Western civilization traces its roots back to Europe and the Mediterranean. Linked to ancient Greece, the Roman Empire and with Medieval Western Christendom which emerged from the Middle Ages to experience such transformative episodes as the Renaissance, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, the Industrial Revolution, scientific revolution, and the development of liberal democracy. Wikipedia
Focused on English-language literature rather than the literature of England, so that it includes writers from Scotland, Wales, the Crown dependencies, and the whole of Ireland, as well as literature in English from countries of the former British Empire, including the United States. However, until the early 19th century, it only deals with the literature of the United Kingdom, the Crown dependencies and Ireland. Wikipedia
Sentences forCulture of the United Kingdom
- British culture, due to colonial ties with Britain that spread the English language, legal system and other cultural inheritances, had a formative influence.
- The international spread of the English language ensured the continuing international influence of its literature and culture.
- It has also been important in the history of British television drama, tackling many subjects that are considered to be controversial or taboo in British culture, and portraying a social life previously unseen on UK mainstream television.
- Over the years, English customs and identity have become fairly closely aligned with British customs and identity in general.
- Historically, Canada has been influenced by British, French, and Indigenous cultures and traditions.
- During the 20th century, British cultural influence saw an intense language shift take place and Jersey today is predominantly English-speaking.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Culture of the United Kingdom