Media franchises similar to or like DC Extended Universe
Unofficial term used to refer to an American media franchise and shared universe that is centered on a series of superhero films, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures and based on characters that appear in American comic books by DC Comics. Wikipedia
American media franchise and shared universe centered on a series of superhero films, independently produced by Marvel Studios and based on characters that appear in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The franchise also includes comic books, short films, television series, and digital series. Wikipedia
Fictional shared universe where most stories in American comic book titles published by DC Comics take place. DC superheroes such as Superman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Booster Gold, Captain Atom and Wonder Woman are from this universe, and it also contains well-known supervillains such as Lex Luthor, the Joker, Brainiac, Professor Zoom, Mister Mind, Black Adam, Sinestro, Deathstroke, Anti-Monitor and Darkseid. Wikipedia
American media franchise and shared universe centered on a series of supernatural horror films, produced by New Line Cinema, The Safran Company and Atomic Monster Productions and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The films present a dramatization of the real-life cases of Ed and Lorraine Warren, paranormal investigators and authors associated with prominent yet controversial cases of haunting. Wikipedia
American multimedia franchise and shared fictional universe that is centered on a series of monster films featuring Godzilla and King Kong, produced by Legendary Entertainment and co-produced and distributed by Warner Bros. Godzilla , a reboot of the Godzilla franchise, which was followed by Kong: Skull Island (2017), a reboot of the King Kong franchise, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019). Wikipedia
American media franchise and shared fictional multiverse that is centered on various television series primarily airing on The CW and web series airing on CW Seed. The series were developed by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Geoff Johns, Ali Adler, Phil Klemmer, and Caroline Dries, and based on characters appearing in publications by DC Comics. Wikipedia
Fictional universe where the stories in most American comic book titles and other media published by Marvel Comics take place. Super-teams such as the Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Defenders, the Inhumans, the Eternals, and many Marvel superheroes live in this universe, including characters such as Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, the Hulk, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, the Wasp, the Punisher, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Deadpool, Blade, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Storm, Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Shang-Chi, Nova, and numerous others. Wikipedia
American horror franchise that comprises twelve slasher films, a television series, novels, comic books, video games, and tie‑in merchandise. The franchise mainly focuses on the fictional character Jason Voorhees, who drowned as a boy at Camp Crystal Lake due to the negligence of the camp staff. Wikipedia
American media franchise centered on a series of dystopian action horror films distributed by Universal Pictures and produced by Blumhouse Productions and Platinum Dunes, mainly created by James DeMonaco. Annual national holiday known as the Purge, in which all crimes, including murder are legal for a 12-hour period. Wikipedia
American science fiction media franchise consisting of films, books, television series, comics, and other media about a world in which humans and intelligent apes clash for control. Based on French author Pierre Boulle's 1963 novel La Planète des singes, translated into English as Planet of the Apes or Monkey Planet. Wikipedia
Disney media franchise comprising a film series and additional media. The success of the original 1994 American animated feature, The Lion King, directed by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff, led to a direct-to-video sequel, a spin-off movie, a 2019 film remake, a television film sequel, two spin-off television series, three educational shorts, several video games, merchandise, and the third-longest-running musical in Broadway history, which garnered six Tony Awards including Best Musical. Wikipedia
American media franchise created by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard including a comic book series, television series, web series, films, novels, video games, and various other media such as audio books and sound tracks. The Walking Dead AMC franchise originates from the comic book series of the same name. Wikipedia
American media franchise from DreamWorks Animation and loosely based on the eponymous series of children's books by British author Cressida Cowell. It consists of three feature films: How to Train Your Dragon (2010), How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) and How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (2019). Wikipedia
Animated media franchise produced by Illumination and distributed by Universal Pictures, consisting of four feature films, thirteen short films, and additional merchandise. It centers on Gru, a reformed super-villain (who later becomes a father and secret agent), his yellow-colored Minions; his three adoptive daughters, Margo, Edith and Agnes, and his wife, Lucy Wilde. Wikipedia
American media franchise created by the Wachowskis. The series primarily consists of a trilogy of science fiction action films beginning with The Matrix (1999) and continuing with two sequels, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions (both in 2003), all written and directed by the Wachowskis and produced by Joel Silver. Wikipedia
Science-fiction action media franchise centered on the film series depicting mankind's encounters with a race of extraterrestrial trophy hunters known as "the Predator". Followed by three sequels, Predator 2 (1990), Predators (2010), and The Predator (2018), directed by Stephen Hopkins, Nimród Antal, and Shane Black, respectively. Wikipedia
American media franchise primarily consisting of an animated comedy film series produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The series tells the story of the eponymous arcade game villain named Wreck-It Ralph, who rebels against his "bad guy" role and dreams of becoming a hero. Wikipedia
Science-fiction horror/action media franchise centered on the film series depicting warrant officer Ellen Ripley and her battles with an extraterrestrial lifeform, commonly referred to as "the Alien". Followed by three sequels, Aliens (1986), Alien 3 (1992), and Alien Resurrection (1997), directed by James Cameron, David Fincher, and Jean-Pierre Jeunet, respectively. Wikipedia
Sentences forDC Extended Universe
- Ben Affleck's Batman in the DC Extended Universe films wears a suit grey in color with a black cowl, cape, and bat symbol.
- He stepped down as director and writer of The Batman, and filming of the drug-trafficking thriller Triple Frontier was postponed in order to accommodate his treatment for "health issues".
- A film centered around Teth-Adam / Black Adam, a part of the DC Extended Universe, was announced to be in development January 2017.
- The team make their live-action debut in the DC Extended Universe, making their debut in the 2017 film Justice League.
- Some critics viewed the move as a ploy to promote the web series, but some argued that the move was a deliberate conflict of interest on account of Warner Bros.' ownership of the film and Rotten Tomatoes, and the tepid critical reception to the DC Extended Universe films at the time.
- In March 2017, Whedon was in negotiations to direct, write, and produce Batgirl set in the DC Extended Universe.
- Also that year, Kidman played Queen Atlanna, the mother of the title character, in the DC Extended Universe superhero film Aquaman">Aquaman.
- She first reprised the role of Lois Lane in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which marked the second installment in the DC Extended Universe after Man of Steel.
- New Line's Shazam! film was released in 2019 by Warner Bros., and is set within Warners' DC Extended Universe film franchise.
- The DC Extended Universe starting in 2013 uses the same model for DC Comics.
- The 2016 film Suicide Squad reveals Gotham City to be in the state of New Jersey within the DC Extended Universe.
- Within the DC Extended Universe, Gotham City is located in Gotham County, New Jersey.
- Suicide Squad in August, which features a team of anti-hero/supervillains, both of which take place in the DC Extended Universe.
- In 2013, she began portraying Lois Lane in superhero films set in the DC Extended Universe.
- He wrote and directed the Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero films The Avengers (2012) and its sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), and also co-wrote the script for the DC Extended Universe superhero film Justice League (2017), for which he also served as director on reshoots and replaced Snyder.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: DC Extended Universe